What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 15/01/2019 20:03

Posted on 15/01/2019 20:03

Wherenext pleased that Rudolph has been found BUT PLEASE we dont need the countdown to Christmas to start now 😟😟.

Put a note on the calendar for December where he is and no need to remember where he lives. Simples 😂

Bakers2 replied on 15/01/2019 20:05

Posted on 15/01/2019 20:05

Tricky have you tried Arnica cream and tablets? A bit late in the day but won't hurt. Sorry I should have suggested it sooner embarassed

nelliethehooker replied on 15/01/2019 21:30

Posted on 15/01/2019 21:30

Well done to both you Steve & Dave on ordering new M/Hs, hope that they come up to expectations.

Hope that you get sorted out with the consultant re the cataract Op, B2.

Keep taking the painkillers, Tricky, and you should soon find that the bruising goes. Hope that you get your van back soon.

We had a pleasant drive through to Hawkshead and onto Brathay Bridge where we parked up and walked nearly to Wray Castle and back by a hard path that we didn't know existed. After picnic lunch we drove onto Ambleside for a short look round the hiking shops, but only came away with a bottle of milk from TescoExpress. On to Hayes for some information on a dwarf willow we fancy getting, but they didn't have one in, and then back to Fellfoot, via Winster and Damson Dene, for a short walk before returning to the van for our last night. Time to be planning our next one.

SteveL replied on 15/01/2019 22:12

Posted on 15/01/2019 17:33 by JVB66

So the deed is done surprisedClumber park this year.? what model exsis to look out for?,we are not doing Cirencester this year.Will you be needing a lift nowwink  

Posted on 15/01/2019 22:12

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Looking forward to getting it.😀

Not sure we will need Clumber so much now JVB. Although it will live in the storage compound, it should be practical to take it home for loading. It's the 588 model, twin beds above garage at rear. Nice and easy to get    into as we get older from the steps between them.😂 Cirencester would still be a good site for us, as the shops are currently walkable with our shopping trolley. We do plan to get some e bikes, hence wanting the rear garage.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/01/2019 22:24

Posted on 15/01/2019 22:24

Great news on the new MHs, very exciting. What sizes did you go for?

Hope everyone else is ok. We are very busy house sorting at the moment, re arranging a few things, mending and improving a few things, and also spending some money! New furniture mainly. We have searched all over for chairs and sofas we like, huge difference in quality, choice and prices, so not easy to find what we fancy.

We are narrowing down cottages for a holiday with Mum as well, some good bargains out there, between peak holiday prices.

Brave little me had a wisdom tooth filled as well this morning, took some numbing gel, three injections, a stress ball and some soothing, but we got there in the end. Student dentist had a ball taking in “how to deal with a problem customer”, we all had a giggle after the dastardly deed was finished. I am such a coward about teeth, rather have one out than a filling!embarassed

Nearly home now Nellie! Have you decided on next area to visit yet?

Takethedogalong replied on 15/01/2019 22:44

Posted on 15/01/2019 22:44

Nice comfy size. We have had a look round some of the Hymers, very nice. You will find things much more appealing in terms of doing a few days away, will seem so much easier than towing, and it’s brilliant having the luxury of all your necessities with you on a day out! You soon start to spot perfect picnicing pull ins when you are out and about. Can highly recommend Northumberland as a very MH friendly place. Hope you have a lovely time. And you DK when you get your new MH!

milliehull replied on 16/01/2019 09:03

Posted on 16/01/2019 09:03

Exciting times David and Steve!! I hope you both enjoy your new MHs. I expect you will be busy planning trips away soon.

Best of luck with your cataract appointment Bakers2.  Let us know how you get on.  I hope you have a better experience than last time.

Not long until your cruise now Tammygirl.  We are off the Canaries on 1st March which I see is close to your date for Lanzarote undecided. I hope we don't get the Beast from the East like last time.

Safe journey home Nellie.  Where are you going next?

I did my morning Welcoming stint yesterday.  Compared to previous years it was quite busy for the time of year.  Hopefully Tim Peake has put us on the map.  Lost of lovely comments from the visitors. I then had a Museum Society committee meeting in the evening.  Lots of discussion about whether we should change our meetings to day times, the committee were very split so in the end it was decided (I think) that a letter will be sent out to the members.  We did manage to decide the date of the next committee meeting laughing

Had a phone call after I got home from son in NI to confirm dates for them coming over.  They are coming for the week of the February half term.  Lots of very excited grand-children both over there and here.

JVB66 replied on 16/01/2019 09:13

Posted on 15/01/2019 22:12 by SteveL

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Looking forward to getting it.😀

Not sure we will need Clumber so much now JVB. Although it will live in the storage compound, it should be practical to take it home for loading. It's the 588 model, twin beds above garage at rear. Nice and easy to get    into as we get older from the steps between them.😂 Cirencester would still be a good site for us, as the shops are currently walkable with our shopping trolley. We do plan to get some e bikes, hence wanting the rear garage.

Posted on 16/01/2019 09:13

Best of luck with your new LV,  I am sure our paths will cross again ,maybe not so oftenwink

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook