What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 08/10/2021 21:39

Posted on 08/10/2021 21:39

Three good days, although the weather has been rather mixed with thick mist at times but also some sunshine.

Have walked in Penrose estate down to Loe Bank and the shore....very hard going on the course sand there.

Had both Covid booster and Flu jabs before heading over to Cape Cornwall for a couple of walks, and then over to Bonallack to see probably the most famous engine houses in the world: the 36″ Crown’s pumping engine and 24″ Pearce’s Whim, as well as the other remnants of the mining that went on around there.

Today called in at Philps in Hayle for the essential pasties before carrying on to the NT's Godrevy car park where we walked up to see the seals, and onto the beach to give Flyte a good run on the sand.

DavidKlyne replied on 08/10/2021 22:14

Posted on 08/10/2021 18:38 by JVB66

Thanks ,heres hoping weather holds. we had thought of bus but not sure OH can yet handle getting into buggy bay yetwink

Posted on 08/10/2021 22:14

What about a taxi? You could probably request one with a sliding door that might make it easier to get everything in.

JVB66 replied on 09/10/2021 09:40

Posted on 08/10/2021 22:14 by DavidKlyne

What about a taxi? You could probably request one with a sliding door that might make it easier to get everything in.

Posted on 09/10/2021 09:40

Thanks for idea,

As we do not have Rosa now I am missing our walks , so the idea of walking into the City Centre  ,will also give me the exercise that I am at the moment missing

If I have had enough may get a cab back, surprised

Takethedogalong replied on 09/10/2021 11:08

Posted on 09/10/2021 09:40 by JVB66

Thanks for idea,

As we do not have Rosa now I am missing our walks , so the idea of walking into the City Centre  ,will also give me the exercise that I am at the moment missing

If I have had enough may get a cab back, surprised

Posted on 09/10/2021 11:08

We know it well JV, cycle it there and back. It will be quite a walk, and there are a few gates to wriggle through, one or two tight with a bike, so depending on how long/ wide your OH’s buggy is, you might want to check things out solo. There was a lot of work going on at one point on the path, we had to turn back and try a different route, although this ought to be complete now. That involved hauling our bikes up some steps, so be wary. Might be better doing it when not under pressure to get to an appointment. It’s a lovely walk/ride, take a picnic and binoculars👍

Takethedogalong replied on 09/10/2021 11:21

Posted on 09/10/2021 11:21

Glad you ok Millie👍 So sorry to hear about your friend Brue, very upsetting for all concerned.

Reading your adventures with envy Nellie, our week down there was way too short for us, but we cherry picked our days out, and dropped very lucky with the weather. Wondered if you saw any Peregrines at Botallack, it’s a place we usually see them, along with Chough’s?

We are just thinking of a short Winter tour. Quite fancy heading over to Carlisle area, then working our way back via Hadrian’s Wall road. 🤔 Some good things to see along this route, lots of indoor stuff. 

replied on 09/10/2021 16:15

Posted on 08/10/2021 20:04 by ABM

Isn't that the third approach, Brian ?

Blimey Brue,  you really do have a great memory !  I had completely forgotten about the offer that was made whilst I was at my mates new home,  mainly 'cos my mate was telling them how to get to Hades whilst I was assisting his wife to shift furniture indoors wink

Millie,  I was never worried about the various scans !! but the Results oh eck that saw always a different matter especially the longish one where they invited me to bring my own choice of CDs surprised I really should not have taken Schubert's Unfinished , , , , , , , ,

Posted on 09/10/2021 16:15

I recall one of my scans prior to an op for testicular cancer one of the staff kept saying 'wake up Alan' in order to give me instructions laughing

brue replied on 09/10/2021 17:02

Posted on 09/10/2021 17:02

Brian, I don't have such a great memory really, in fact I'm an unreliable witness as I thought the first visit had been at your home, strange how the memory process works! wink

Lovely end to the day here, sunny skies and two hot air balloons drifting over. We've seen a lot of them recently, maybe special presents for people who couldn't use them during Covid. Not much wind today so slow progress. 🌞🎈

Anyway Covid is definitely around here...immediate neighbour has it and also our local shop which has limited opening hours at the moment. Trying to avoid all possible contacts as want to get away to see the family fairly soon!

JVB66 replied on 09/10/2021 17:06

Posted on 09/10/2021 11:08 by Takethedogalong

We know it well JV, cycle it there and back. It will be quite a walk, and there are a few gates to wriggle through, one or two tight with a bike, so depending on how long/ wide your OH’s buggy is, you might want to check things out solo. There was a lot of work going on at one point on the path, we had to turn back and try a different route, although this ought to be complete now. That involved hauling our bikes up some steps, so be wary. Might be better doing it when not under pressure to get to an appointment. It’s a lovely walk/ride, take a picnic and binoculars👍

Posted on 09/10/2021 17:06

Many years ago when we were much youngersurprised we used to cycle into the city centre by following  the railway, just wondered how long it took if walking it is about 3.5miles ,think we did that this morning when we went for the paper at Tesco Express  then we came back  to the site via the sailing lake, ,called in at the Nene Park farm shop, buggy friendly? OH still managed to take out the end of one of the shelvesundecidedembarassed

Ps I did warn the shop staff it may not be buggy friendly for every onesmile

milliehull replied on 09/10/2021 18:08

Posted on 09/10/2021 18:08

JVB It might be worth checking with one of the site wardens if you see any of them about? Or maybe check with the staff at the Visitor Centre.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook