What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 13/06/2022 16:56

Posted on 13/06/2022 16:56

Happy Birthday Richard! Enjoy your day off, you're in an area that has got very busy over recent years,  it's our nearest bit of coast line so we know it well! ๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‚

(You might like the tropical shade of Abbotsbury Gardens with the dog if it gets too warm. smile)

nelliethehooker replied on 13/06/2022 20:58

Posted on 13/06/2022 20:58

Happy birthday Richard, sounds as if you had the day well sorted.

Good to hear that you are now back in home soil, WN. Hope the crossing was not too rough. please say high to David from us at your next CL.

Had the suture from my op taken out this lunchtime at home by a District Nurse, although it was a bit of a drag having to wait in all morning for her to turn up. Just appears as though I have scratched my face, so not spoilt my good looks!!๐Ÿ˜†

Wherenext replied on 13/06/2022 20:59

Posted on 13/06/2022 16:31 by brue

We grow those flowers at home Moulesy, a packet of seeds scattered around, bees love them. Got the idea from our local NT, they grow them as a border plant in the veg garden at Barrington. You can have your own sea of blue at home! smile

Posted on 13/06/2022 20:59

When is your open day Brue? Any chance of a sneak preview?

Wherenext replied on 13/06/2022 21:01

Posted on 13/06/2022 21:01

Good to hear that you are now back in home soil, WN. Hope the crossing was not too rough. please say high to David from us at your next CL.

Hi Nellie. Crossing couldn't have been smoother if it was on a  boating lake. We saw David earlier on but if we see him again before we depart on Thursday I'll certainly pass on your regards.

Edit - notice I deliberately avoided rising to the bait on facial matters!laughing

ABM replied on 13/06/2022 22:05

Posted on 13/06/2022 22:05

Hope you have been well cosseted today Richard, I'm sure the good lady has been trotting round seeing to your every need, as is only right of course  wink  !!

JVB66 replied on 14/06/2022 07:57

Posted on 14/06/2022 07:57

Interesting day yesterday,,  contractors had sent letters to all houses in our road advising that they were going to reserface the road and c could all vehicles  be moved by 0800 as usual some com plainer they had not received any notification,and numerous vehicles were still par ked in the road

Which were duly removed with the use of a suitably equipped vehicle and put on the grass verges surprised

Today the work will be completes and yellow no parking lines replaced on all the corners of junctions 

The rehab hospital have at last listened to me and I can now arrange for our chiropodist  to attend to OHs feet which I have said wiil help her mobility and get her mobile againwink

DavidKlyne replied on 14/06/2022 09:38

Posted on 14/06/2022 07:57 by JVB66

Interesting day yesterday,,  contractors had sent letters to all houses in our road advising that they were going to reserface the road and c could all vehicles  be moved by 0800 as usual some com plainer they had not received any notification,and numerous vehicles were still par ked in the road

Which were duly removed with the use of a suitably equipped vehicle and put on the grass verges surprised

Today the work will be completes and yellow no parking lines replaced on all the corners of junctions 

The rehab hospital have at last listened to me and I can now arrange for our chiropodist  to attend to OHs feet which I have said wiil help her mobility and get her mobile againwink

Posted on 14/06/2022 09:38

Reminds me of a picture I saw on one of the news feeds where there was a car parked on a road they were resurfacing and they had tarmac'd around it!!!!

Any news of when OH will be coming home? Just wondered if the Hip operation will make any difference to her general mobility in the way of an improvement?

David

Takethedogalong replied on 14/06/2022 09:48

Posted on 14/06/2022 09:48

Happy birthday Richard, if a little late๐Ÿฅณ

Brue, would love to see your garden photos, and good luck with the open day๐Ÿ‘

Nellie, glad to hear your stitches are out, hope the getaway goes to plan. Good to have a mysterious scar or two, ask my OH.๐Ÿ˜ All I have is gravel rash every time I fall off my bike๐Ÿคฃ

JV, I do wonder sometimes at so called “care packages”. Foot care is nearly always forgotten, good for you for sorting things out๐Ÿ‘ 

Nice day here, my garden is calling………..

JVB66 replied on 14/06/2022 10:08

Posted on 14/06/2022 09:38 by DavidKlyne

Reminds me of a picture I saw on one of the news feeds where there was a car parked on a road they were resurfacing and they had tarmac'd around it!!!!

Any news of when OH will be coming home? Just wondered if the Hip operation will make any difference to her general mobility in the way of an improvement?

David

Posted on 14/06/2022 10:08

OH has a discharge date of the 20th of this month. ,but as I posted it has taken a long time for anybody to listen ,to me about OHs condition, and to agree that her chiropodist, should be allowed to attend as it is her painful right foot that is holding back her mobility ,,not the hip replacement as she has no pain in the hip

Tried last week to contact OHs chiropodist but is on leave. until tomorrow and the rehab chiropodist is on leave last week and this week

It has been in both hospitals, a battle with left and right hands at complete odds  when it has come to OH and her treatment 

As her carer they are supposed to advise me of what treatments she is having and as she as part of her neurology problems got short term memory loss ,is not sure what they are doing,

I only found out when asking what physio she was having did I find out her treatment is only three times a week. ,so for four days she and others are not getting anything (staff shortage again)as I have said,  who knows her best . staff who see her some times or me 

Sorry for the rant but the systems do not work in the NHS , when transferred to the rehab hospital none of her records came with her ,although when I said to the ambulance crew we had not got her records they expected them to be sent via the computer system but evidently that does not happen?yell

Ps it is because I as a carer am permitted to have access to both hospitals, at times not normally permitted ,I have observed how inconsistent the methods are when speaking to both consultants and ward staff

Takethedogalong replied on 14/06/2022 10:37

Posted on 14/06/2022 10:37

I can agree NHS communications are shocking at times. Any patient needs someone who s absolutely on the ball and will politely insist on following up issues. I don’t blame the staff, they are usually overworked and doing their best. Hope things stay positive for you JV๐Ÿ‘

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook