What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

RedKite replied on 09/05/2024 15:43

Posted on 09/05/2024 15:43

Glad folks enjoying the sunny and warm weather, just got back to cottage after a few hours at RHS Malvern Spring Show which was great plenty to look at but no buying of plants only bought 1 thing a bamboo collapsible bowl for the caravan with a owl carved on the handle, enjoyed chatting to folks about gardens and the weather but it was quite warm for Malvern and great views of the hills.

Car nearly packed just a few things to put in the morning as we sail back tomorrow evening had a great holiday except my sciatica has been playing up put it down to uncomfortable chairs in the cottage, but easier today as moved onto a different chair.

Have had better weather here than home makes a change.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

moulesy replied on 09/05/2024 16:27

Posted on 09/05/2024 16:27

It's the last full day of this year's Peak District trip - and probably the warmest day of the week! smile

We did one of our favourite walks around here, along Lathkill Dale from Over Haddon to Alport and back across the fields. ... where we came face to face with a (very) large herd of cattle right at one of the gates we needed to get through. A strong battle of wills followed which Mr M eventually won, while Mrs M and Ralph looked on from a safe distance!  laughing

Francis replied on 09/05/2024 18:11

Posted on 09/05/2024 18:11

Been another lovely sunny day here today think we hit it lucky with this week only rained once since we arrived on Saturday. Today we went to Thornton Le Dale to visit Mathewsons classic cars we love visiting there always interesting even met and got a pic taken with Derek from Bangers and a cash such a nice man had time for everyone. Then headed in to Pickering where SWMBO went a wander round the shops. Now back at the van sitting out with a beer and some chops cooking away on the Cadac site filling up again now I suspect it will be quite busy again over the weekend.

Nice to read everyone else’s news too

nelliethehooker replied on 09/05/2024 21:28

Posted on 09/05/2024 21:28

We have had 3 more fine days, with today being the warmest at around 24C, although we have had some light rain in the evening. We had a walk in Culbin Forest two days ago after getting our washing done ( and dried outside ) then yesterday we visited Cawdor Castle where, in the morning, we did one of the waymarked trails and after lunch went around the gardens and then into the Castle itself. Today we went to Brodie Castle for a guided tour before lunch and a wander around the grounds afterwards.  Some photos  of the beautiful and more unusual flowers at Cawdor and one of Brodie Castle.

Good to read that those that are away are having a good time, and Redkite hope that you have a safe and uneventful journey home. 

DEBSC replied on 10/05/2024 10:19

Posted on 10/05/2024 10:19

We had to come home from our break at our caravan as dentist appointments and OH had his covid vaccine booked. The evening of arriving home he became poorly, he has chest problems so the nurse put him straight onto antibiotics as a chest infection. I then got his cold but have tried to ignore it as I wanted to put all the bedding plants in pots in the lovely weather. However last night I felt really bad, then I had a hunch, tested this morning and yes, covid. Our daughter calls it our Stratford covid as this is the second time it’s happened after a visit there. We were out and about all week so that’s probably how we got it. So we both missed our dental appointments and ironically he had to cancel his covid jab.

HelenandTrevor replied on 10/05/2024 20:50

Posted on 10/05/2024 20:50

Sorry haven't kept up to date the mobile signal in rural Monmouthshire Left a bit to be desired 😅 We had a wonderful few days exploring an area of Wales we dont know  well. The weather has been fantastic I will post a few pics when I get more time. 

We are now back in England and the temp reached 28°C in the sunshine ☀  today.  Had another bbq tonight and an odd glass of vino 🤣

nelliethehooker replied on 10/05/2024 21:33

Posted on 10/05/2024 21:33

Sorry to read that you have caught the virus,  Debs. Hope you both suffer much and soon recover.

Glad to hear that you had a good time I'm Monmouthshire, Helen.

We had our warmest day today too with lots of sunshine, although it did cloud over on occasions. Drove to Ardersier Bay where we had a walk around the bay, along to the village, before lunch and then around Fort George in the afternoon. Photo is of the inner Gatehouse, and to the left the Black Hole Prison.

Francis replied on 10/05/2024 22:39

Posted on 10/05/2024 22:39

Another wonderful sunny day here temp in mid 20s most of the day I was out a cycle this morning then we had a lazy morning at the van and had lunch befor heading out a drive to Kimberley caravans in Darlington who had a sale on we then came back to the van ditched the car and went across to the pub and had a few pints in their beer garden which was very enjoyable. After that we headed back to the van and cooked dinner on the Cadac and just sat out in the sun for a couple of hours. Site very busy now.

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend 

Freddy55 replied on 10/05/2024 22:42

Posted on 10/05/2024 21:33 by nelliethehooker

Sorry to read that you have caught the virus,  Debs. Hope you both suffer much and soon recover.

Glad to hear that you had a good time I'm Monmouthshire, Helen.

We had our warmest day today too with lots of sunshine, although it did cloud over on occasions. Drove to Ardersier Bay where we had a walk around the bay, along to the village, before lunch and then around Fort George in the afternoon. Photo is of the inner Gatehouse, and to the left the Black Hole Prison.

Posted on 10/05/2024 22:42

“Sorry to read that you have caught the virus, Debs. Hope you both suffer much…”

😁

Bakers2 replied on 11/05/2024 07:24

Posted on 11/05/2024 07:24

Some good photos of the aurora from the village last night on fb this morning.

I missed them 😡😡😡🥲🥲🥲

Even better photos from the garden of our old house!!

One day I'll see them properly. I caught a glance from our old house years ago, but just thought it was an 'odd light'. Brain doesn't function well in the early hours when nature calls!

I too note nelliethehooker's typo. Wishing you better DEBSC

Off to assistant plant sale. Struct note to self DO NOT purchase all the stock before it opens! And don't bring home ALL the waifs 🤣

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook