What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 06/07/2017 08:49

Posted on 06/07/2017 08:14 by Goldie146

Last night was the first time for ages when it was warm enough to sit outside after milking. So we had a glass or two of wine (English Rose from Three Choirs). Our kitten ventured round the house to skip about among the weeds on the patio, watched over by his father.

Posted on 06/07/2017 08:49

Lovely photos Goldie.  What a pretty little kitten and a very attentive Dad. (the wine looks good as wellwink)

milliehull replied on 06/07/2017 08:53

Posted on 06/07/2017 08:53

We are off on our jaunt to St. David's in Wales tomorrow so really must get cracking.  I did some of the packing yesterday afternoon but as we are sharing a cottage with our youngest son and family I am finding the packing difficult.  We haven't had a cottage holiday for years and I am used to packing the caravan.  I keep remembering things that we shall need that are still in the van.frown.  Oh well must get on.

milliehull replied on 06/07/2017 09:08

Posted on 06/07/2017 09:08

Thanks OP.  I have never been to that part of Wales but our son worked there for a while on an archaeological dig many years ago so I am hoping he will show us around.  But as he was a student at the time I expect his time there passed in a blur.wink

replied on 06/07/2017 09:19

Posted on 06/07/2017 08:06 by

Depends if one has a choice Taff

Posted on 06/07/2017 09:19

I've learnt that if you keep up the payments on time, i.e. no arrears and use no more than half your credit limit, you will get an excellent credit score through the credit reference agencies that will enable you to get credit on 0 per cent interest, so that in effect, you are borrowing money for free. If you do need to borrow more money, it's best to ask the credit supplier to raise your credit limit rather than borrow more than 50 per cent of it. If you use your card up to the limit, it reduces your credit rating because it sends a message to credit providers that you're struggling to manage on your income and therefore, higher risk. If you have excellent credit rating, the credit supplier will usually raise your credit limit without question but once again, you must stay within 50 percent of what they agreed.

Whittakerr replied on 06/07/2017 09:20

Posted on 06/07/2017 09:20

Went to the cinema last night with my daughter. We try to go at least once a week. Watched Baby Driver. Wouldn’t recommend it and was surprised to see Kevin Spacey in it. Probably War for the Planet of the Apes next week.

brue replied on 06/07/2017 09:25

Posted on 06/07/2017 09:25

OH wanted to see the latest "Pirates" film but forgot to go. smile

Have a lovely holiday Millie, one of my favourite areas.

On with the packing this end too........smile

KjellNN replied on 06/07/2017 10:11

Posted on 06/07/2017 09:19 by

I've learnt that if you keep up the payments on time, i.e. no arrears and use no more than half your credit limit, you will get an excellent credit score through the credit reference agencies that will enable you to get credit on 0 per cent interest, so that in effect, you are borrowing money for free. If you do need to borrow more money, it's best to ask the credit supplier to raise your credit limit rather than borrow more than 50 per cent of it. If you use your card up to the limit, it reduces your credit rating because it sends a message to credit providers that you're struggling to manage on your income and therefore, higher risk. If you have excellent credit rating, the credit supplier will usually raise your credit limit without question but once again, you must stay within 50 percent of what they agreed.

Posted on 06/07/2017 10:11

That seems to me a dangerous way to live!  I presume you are not just making the minimum payments, as, if you have no reserves how will you be able to repay the balance when the 0% runs out.

As Taff said, I could not live like that!  What if you lost your job?  Or had to stop working because of ill health?  Also, you cannot keep on working for ever.q

There is so much personal debt in UK these days, it is really worrying.  Low interest rates and these 0% deals are not going to last for ever, so it would be best to build up a buffer.  The recommended amout is 6 months income.

taffyY replied on 06/07/2017 10:18

Posted on 06/07/2017 08:53 by milliehull

We are off on our jaunt to St. David's in Wales tomorrow so really must get cracking.  I did some of the packing yesterday afternoon but as we are sharing a cottage with our youngest son and family I am finding the packing difficult.  We haven't had a cottage holiday for years and I am used to packing the caravan.  I keep remembering things that we shall need that are still in the van.frown.  Oh well must get on.

Posted on 06/07/2017 10:18

Beautiful area Millie, and lots of wonderful places to visit within driving distance!  Enjoy! 

KjellNN replied on 06/07/2017 10:26

Posted on 06/07/2017 07:41 by

As fridge packed up on mains a few days ago it is running on gas. I hate running fridge on gas as we use 3.9kg bottles and I find that when in the van I keep looking to check that the light is not flashing! laughing

Posted on 06/07/2017 10:26

They do get through quite a bit of gas, our mains element failed when we were in Scandinavia in 2014 and we had to run it on gas for about a month, it went through a 6kg bottle in  2 weeks...

Replacing the element is an easy DIY job once you wrestle the fridge out , will you be able to replace it yourself?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook