What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Goldie146 replied on 25/02/2017 14:06

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:06

Re inflatable awnings.

We have one - not full size, but big enough for a table and two chairs, plus a few bits and pieces. I suppose in theory one person could erect it, but I couldn't. I'm not tall enough to drag it throw the rail. And because the "poles" are part of it, it's not light. 

And there's definitely no room for kitchen equipment.

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2017 14:12

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:06 by Goldie146

Re inflatable awnings.

We have one - not full size, but big enough for a table and two chairs, plus a few bits and pieces. I suppose in theory one person could erect it, but I couldn't. I'm not tall enough to drag it throw the rail. And because the "poles" are part of it, it's not light. 

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:12

Goldie did you and your family ever take your c/van to Clumber Park in the 1990s? and then change over with other members of the family?

Bakers2 replied on 25/02/2017 14:17

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:12 by JVB66

Goldie did you and your family ever take your c/van to Clumber Park in the 1990s? and then change over with other members of the family?

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:17

????

Intrigued 🤔😯

trellis replied on 25/02/2017 14:33

Posted on 25/02/2017 12:01 by triky auto

Overcast and windy here at the Black Horse --Monks Horton.Good nights sleep/rest Just made a de-tour to the Fokestone Garden Center on the road just past BHF ,,Densole ,,for their FANTASTIC breakfast @ £6-95  !! Going to the Black Horse pub now for some liquid refreshment.tongue-out.

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:33

Triky, I guess I know where you will be at brekkie time , when you are next at BHF .laughing

ABM replied on 25/02/2017 14:42

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:42

Sitting  back  after  a  mornings  serious  graft  !!

Went  to  Aged  Sister's  this  morning ( 1 )  to  find  nothing  for  me  to  do  except  stroke  the  house  cat,  fat young  Alfie  !!  Her  eldest  son  retires  on  Tuesday  so  the  old  pictures  of  a  chubby  young  Military  Horseman  will  be  much  in  evidence  this  week,  no  doubt   wink!!  He  was  there  before  me,  and  was  leaving  in  his  'retirement  present'  so  I  never  got  to  thank  &  congratulate  him .

( For  congratulate  read  Teasetongue-out  )

( 1 )  The  work  I  was  down  for  did  not  materialise  --  her  Birthday  Birdtable  had  just  toppled  over,  and  the  foreshortening  effect  convinced  her  it  was  badly  broken -  so  loading  the  'van  with  tools,  screws  cramps,  glues  &  wood  lengths  various  was  just  an  exercise  in  fat  removal,  as  was  the  reverse  procedureyell

but  its  killed  a  bit  of  time  'til  my  Club  Handbook  Arrived 

so  I've  got  the  Steam  rallies,   Club  Sites  etc  etc  to  work  out.  Then  it  will  be  BOOKING  TIME  !!  So  do  not  disturb  this  is  serious  stuff  kids  laughinginnocentcool

Enjoy  yersells,  kidz,  keep  warm,  dry  and  'appy   !!

Brian

Thinking  of  that  --  would  you  believe  it, I  really  do  miss  him  { 'Appy  that  is }  It  seems  so  quiet  without  the  stirring  little  rascal  !wink

B

brue replied on 25/02/2017 14:54

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:54

I've just been out for a local 60th wedding anniversary do with friends and neighbours. Nice to catch up with everyone, have a few bites to eat and drink some fizzy stuff. Got indigestion now as haven't been eating much this week.

Enjoy making your bookings ABM. I've just started to think ahead, have got June sorted, also on a waiting list for a rally in Devon and then a big blank to fill.

Hope Triky P has a good day out! 

Drizzly here, rugby on, usual Saturday afternoon.....smile

ABM replied on 25/02/2017 15:15

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:15

Thanks  for  that,  Brue  !  I'll  be  looking  at  new ( to  me )  sites  in  East  Anglia  ( x Mildenhall  )   And  in  your  area  ( x Wincanton )

They  were  both  sites  that  I  liked  to  use,  easy  to  get  to,  easy  to  leave  &  stock  up  on  the  way  to  my  type  of  rally  !!

I  might  even  get  lost  heading  to  Blandford  F  for  the  Great  Dorset  embarassed

Goldie146 replied on 25/02/2017 15:35

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:12 by JVB66

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:35

Sorry - no. We've never been to Clumber.

Goldie146 replied on 25/02/2017 15:41

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:06 by Goldie146

Re inflatable awnings.

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:41

I've been looking back for a photo of our awning in use. Seeing this one from 2015 makes the thought of summer and getting away very desirable.

It was a perfect hot sunny week at New England Bay and as you see we cooked outside. All the stuff outside (apart from the barbecue) fitted in the awning. I think that was Beef Stroganoff in the making.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook