What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 15/06/2022 09:51

Posted on 15/06/2022 09:51

Off out for a celebration meal tonight, our granddaughters 18th. Time goes so quickly. We have 6 grandchildren, 5 of them being born within 4 years. Can’t believe 3 of them are now 18 and over. 

Granddaughter has just been advised by her college that they are awarding her an Inspirational Award. -They initially told her that she couldn’t do her course as she wouldn’t manage it due to being so unwell. She fought her case and, with many difficulties, completed the course with distinction and a merit - Lovely birthday surprise. Also been told that, if she can take it, she has a place at Uni. Very proud Grandma today.

JVB66 replied on 15/06/2022 10:10

Posted on 15/06/2022 10:10

After finding out that those at the rehab hospital are only entitled to the minimum amount of physio?(three times a week) I have had a phone call this morning from the hospital manager apology if I misunderstood the way they carry out their rehab and the min three days is what is laid down but my OH is getting in excess of that ,,when I said is it because I have queried it she was very evasive and said each patient is assessed on transfer to them ? Via their previous hospital records ,which I told her I understood that records were not transferred,on transfer,  when I said she only has had the minimal amount, she contradicted her previous statement and said assessment is on going? 

And she would like to meet me when I visit todayundecided

DEBSC replied on 15/06/2022 10:37

Posted on 15/06/2022 10:37

It does seem odd JVB to send someone to rehab and then not keep up with the required amount of physio to get them more fit before they go home. Although I understand that some may not need physio while there, you would think that for those that do then rehabs main aim is to get them as fit as possible as soon as possible. This also to save on more care and less visits when they do go home. All sounds rather disjointed to me.

I do hope that things work out soon and your OH comes hope a lot better. Remember to take care of yourself as well.

JVB66 replied on 15/06/2022 11:37

Posted on 15/06/2022 10:37 by DEBSC

It does seem odd JVB to send someone to rehab and then not keep up with the required amount of physio to get them more fit before they go home. Although I understand that some may not need physio while there, you would think that for those that do then rehabs main aim is to get them as fit as possible as soon as possible. This also to save on more care and less visits when they do go home. All sounds rather disjointed to me.

I do hope that things work out soon and your OH comes hope a lot better. Remember to take care of yourself as well.

Posted on 15/06/2022 11:37

Thankyou David, it has been a very frustrating few weeks, it really does make one question many aspects of the NHS ,as I am OHs carer ,it has been a real eye opener ,when visiting, and questioning  aspects of OHs treatment,,,what of those who do not question or have no one to do so ,treatments or it seems lack of in some areas

DavidKlyne replied on 15/06/2022 12:18

Posted on 15/06/2022 10:10 by JVB66

After finding out that those at the rehab hospital are only entitled to the minimum amount of physio?(three times a week) I have had a phone call this morning from the hospital manager apology if I misunderstood the way they carry out their rehab and the min three days is what is laid down but my OH is getting in excess of that ,,when I said is it because I have queried it she was very evasive and said each patient is assessed on transfer to them ? Via their previous hospital records ,which I told her I understood that records were not transferred,on transfer,  when I said she only has had the minimal amount, she contradicted her previous statement and said assessment is on going? 

And she would like to meet me when I visit todayundecided

Posted on 15/06/2022 12:18

JVB

Having had a hip replacement the amount of Physio you get is pretty limited. I think I had three visits to the house post op and mainly they discussed how I was getting on and offering advice on how much walking I should do. I was very keen to get fit again as quickly as I could but that, of course, varies from patient to patient. When I had a minor knee operation I had six weeks of not very pleasant physio at the hospital! Now I appreciate you OH is in a totally different situation from what you have said on here and I am not trying to compare the two situations as they are obviously very different. Is your OH getting out of bed everyday and doing some walking, however limited? Often its the case of getting confidence back. Just because the physios only visit three times a week they should be leaving instructions on what the regular staff should be doing until their next visit. Any news of when she might be home?

David

brue replied on 15/06/2022 16:12

Posted on 15/06/2022 16:12

It's been a long haul for both of you JVB. I hope your OH can return home soon and you'll both be able to cope. When a similar thing happened to my Aunt she spent time recuperating in the local community hospital where she practiced walking etc. When she was discharged her home was checked over and equipped with aids. She then had daily visits from home helps but they were there to oversee her progress and help her to be independent again. After a few weeks the visits stopped. I don't know  what level of independence your OH can achieve but I hope help will be in place for both of you. My Aunt agreed to having a cleaner once a week, the family arranged it, she'd previously done her own cleaning. She also finally agreed to use a three wheeled walker to go out and about. Everything depends on your circumstances and I hope you will find ways to adapt.

JVB66 replied on 15/06/2022 17:54

Posted on 15/06/2022 12:18 by DavidKlyne

JVB

Having had a hip replacement the amount of Physio you get is pretty limited. I think I had three visits to the house post op and mainly they discussed how I was getting on and offering advice on how much walking I should do. I was very keen to get fit again as quickly as I could but that, of course, varies from patient to patient. When I had a minor knee operation I had six weeks of not very pleasant physio at the hospital! Now I appreciate you OH is in a totally different situation from what you have said on here and I am not trying to compare the two situations as they are obviously very different. Is your OH getting out of bed everyday and doing some walking, however limited? Often its the case of getting confidence back. Just because the physios only visit three times a week they should be leaving instructions on what the regular staff should be doing until their next visit. Any news of when she might be home?

David

Posted on 15/06/2022 17:54

That has and still is one of the major problems we have had to face as before her accident and hip displacements' we were managing her mobility,, even after her first operation her and I  were walking around with her frame, but because it is going to be nearly six weeks of not being mobile she is finding it difficult to to be confident with her mobility ,and she had very  little physio at the lister  hospital and spent many hours and days either in bed or if lucky and there was staff qualified to do transfers, in the chair beside her bed,

Since my very "inferesting  and frank" .meeting this afternoon, it is hoped things might improve ?

milliehull replied on 15/06/2022 20:24

Posted on 15/06/2022 20:24

Very well done to your grand-daughter DEBSC. You must be so very proud of her and justifiably so.

We had a lovely morning enjoying the walled garden at Felbrigg which looked wonderful in this glorious weather. We went for a walk on the practically deserted beach later and bumped into some friends who are staying at Seacroft. Their silly young spaniel kept trying to find a way up the cliffs but eventually decided he couldn't and came back down to the beach.

brue replied on 16/06/2022 09:13

Posted on 16/06/2022 09:13

Nice photos Millie, looks like you are having a good holiday. I had to look up Norfolk Hawkers from your previous post, always something new to learn! I 🐛smile

Takethedogalong replied on 16/06/2022 18:14

Posted on 16/06/2022 18:14

Felbrigg looks lovely Millie, that walled garden is one of my NT favourites. Always enjoy North Norfolk. Hope you have got this tremendous weather.

Sweltering here today, just as it was X years ago for our Wedding. Yep, it’s our Anniversary. Not bothered with anything special today, might get away next week instead🤞

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook