When do you put up your Christmas Tree?

DSB replied on 26/10/2021 13:21

Posted on 26/10/2021 13:21

Just - unusually for me - popped on the TV during the day...... the Loose Women are discussing when folk put up their Christmas Tree.

When do you put yours up??  😀  Now I'll sign off for a while, now I've lit the blue touch paper....  🤣🤣🤣

David

DEBSC replied on 01/11/2021 15:31

Posted on 01/11/2021 15:31

Ours goes up a couple of weeks before Christmas, an artificial one. We did buy some new baubles for it in the Garden Centre last week. We live on the edge of a wood and about 15 years ago we placed the old Christmas tree just in the wood at the end of our garden, didn’t plant it as thought it was ‘done’ It grew and is now so tall! We used to put lights on it but can’t reach anymore. Need to buy ingredients to start making the cake next week. Sloes in the freezer ready for me to make the gin.

Tammygirl replied on 04/11/2021 18:04

Posted on 04/11/2021 18:04

One of my DILs will have her tree up on the 1st December, before if my son will allow it. She loves all things Christmas.

If I put one up this year it will at the last minute as we don't get back from Lanzarote until Christmas week, we are then taking our Gkids half way down to England to meet up with their parents. Its worked out well them coming halfway up, us halfway done. Saves our son driving 500+ miles up here then turning round to drive 500+ miles back again. 

Going to my Niece's for Christmas day so may not even bother this year.

KjellNN replied on 04/11/2021 19:56

Posted on 04/11/2021 19:56

We have not bothered with our big tree for several years now as we no longer host Christmas.  We have a tiny tabletop tree that we  bring out, and some sparkly lights to hang in the lounge windows, plus a couple of candle bridges.

Decision on where we will be (son or daughter) is still to be made, negotiations are ongoing!!!

brue replied on 04/11/2021 20:05

Posted on 31/10/2021 13:45 by Whittakerr

The tree wont go up until the first week in December, but I've just put the Christmas cake in the oven. 

Posted on 04/11/2021 20:05

Everything ready here, will be making two cakes next week, I love home made Christmas cake! smile

KjellNN replied on 04/11/2021 20:34

Posted on 04/11/2021 20:34

MIL always made the cake, DD has done a couple, but as I am pretty much the only one in the family who loves fruit cake, we do not really bother with a fruit one these days.

Our son's MIL makes a small one, DD sometimes makes a sponge cake, otherwise we enjoy Panettoni etc.

Only me that likes Christmas pudding too.  We usually have a trifle, fruit salad, pavlova, or a choice of few other desserts......... not all at one time!   This year we will have a  Black Forest  Gateau, just for a change, and a couple of other choices.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook