2022 Football World Cup

ABM replied on 23/11/2022 21:56

Posted on 23/11/2022 21:56

Just a quick question for all you " Keen as Mustard "  footy fans  :~~

With all these matches going into Over-time as it is now called   er  er  do the players actually get paid Overtime as I knew it please ????? wink

nelliethehooker replied on 03/12/2022 21:48

Posted on 03/12/2022 21:48

I am surprised to not see any comments at all on here about the event, especially on the exit at the round robin/league stage of both Germany and Belgium. Others favourites too have just made it through to the knockout stages. Sorry to see Walesgo out after the early rounds, but  fingers crossed that England make it through against Senegal, but it won't be an easy game for them.

ABM replied on 03/12/2022 22:13

Posted on 03/12/2022 22:13

Thank you, Nellie, for your post --  i was getting a tad lonely for a while !!

Best thing I've noticed is the first Full Female Match Refereeing Squad  -kiss-  and I did not notice any sexist comments either ~~ Quite a surprise considering  wink

Takethedogalong replied on 04/12/2022 10:48

Posted on 04/12/2022 10:48

I am watching the tournament through gritted teeth. Enjoying the football, but hating FIFA and Infantino.

Its certainly throwing up a few surprises this time. Bye bye Belgium, Auf Weidersehn Deutschland. Argentina aren’t the usual force to be reckoned with, but of course have Messi who can change a game in mere seconds. Good to see teams from Africa, Japan, Australia playing well. France do look ominously good I have to say. We shall find out more later today👍

I think there was a female refereeing squad at the Euro’s last year ABM. I have a niece who referees male hockey matches. She takes no nonsense I can assure you😁

Come on England🥳

Takethedogalong replied on 04/12/2022 20:04

Posted on 04/12/2022 20:04

No, not heard that. Don’t like any of them, Blatter, Platini, Infantino😡Bent as butcher’s hooks, the lot of them.

I had almost nodded off first half, talk about boring. Let’s hope second half is a lot livelier. Two good England goals though.🤞

nelliethehooker replied on 04/12/2022 21:23

Posted on 04/12/2022 21:23

It takes two to tango....Senegal holding off didn't make for a open game. A good third goal and safely through. France will be a very much harder test!!😖

Looks as if most of the regular posters have been focusing on the match tonight.

The podcast is well worth a listen, if you have time. It just shows how bent they all were, and probably still are.

Takethedogalong replied on 05/12/2022 10:22

Posted on 05/12/2022 10:22

FIFA needs disbanding. Totally corrupt. 

France will be a very stiff challenge, although, probably a more conventional one than Senegal, so let’s hope they can play up to that French standard🤞 Shame they have to meet France this early.

Pliers replied on 05/12/2022 16:15

Posted on 05/12/2022 16:15

Thought England played pretty well, some very talented young players in the squad. France…..well anything can happen in the knockout games, so,  fingers crossed. ⚽️⚽️⚽️

ABM replied on 05/12/2022 21:46

Posted on 05/12/2022 21:46

Nellie,  I appreciate that a "Full Female Refereeing Squad"  may indeed have officiated in the Euro's  but that ain't the same as Qatar with it's Uber-strict laws and rules sealed.

As for Hockey, many moons ago I was, against my better judgement, dragged into the Mixed Hockey world for a warm up game in Cheshire. Sweetness and light it was not !! I'd hardly stopped querying why some blokes were wearing pretty little white gloves, when a teenaged girl ( Most deffo NOT a lady ) tried to enrol me in the Hospital outpatients waiting list !! Would not have minded normally but she was a G.P.O. telephonist of my acquaintance and was spreading the tale all around the Switchboard on Monday morning ! I vowed then to wear full cricket wicket keeping tackle should I ever get caught out again --  still walk with a limp but won't say a limp what  embarassed

Have fun but keep warm, dry and posting happily  surprised

ABM replied on 05/12/2022 22:20

Posted on 05/12/2022 22:20

OOOPS  embarassed  So very sorry  I could not tell my Nellie and my TtDA   apart for which i humbly grovel & beg your pardon  !

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook