2023 Six Nations

nelliethehooker replied on 01/02/2023 21:39

Posted on 01/02/2023 21:39

Amid lots of controversy the championship starts on this weekend. Will Ireland live up to their World No.1 position or will it be France again? What are England's chances under their new coach Steve Borthwick, another series of "what might have been"? Can Warren Gatland inspire the Welsh player again to perform above expectations? Can Scotland at last deliver? Lots of questions to answered over the next few weeks....looking forward to them being answered.

mickysf replied on 25/02/2023 20:13

Posted on 25/02/2023 20:13

Well, I wasn’t that impressed with England at all! Farrell scored how many points through his boot? The Italians were the standout team for me today, such courage, commitment and a willingness to run, pass and take risks. Made for entertaining play!

nelliethehooker replied on 25/02/2023 21:46

Posted on 25/02/2023 21:46

Not like Farrell to miss so many attempts at putting the ball through the sticks. Had he finished with his usual 75% success England would have won comfortably. I was impressed by how seldom they were penalised within kicking distance, which has been in the past been the train for them struggling to win matches.

I only saw the second half of the Italy game but they are certainly a vastly improved side from that of recent years.

mickysf replied on 26/02/2023 11:10

Posted on 26/02/2023 11:10

Re. Farrell, it wasn’t his finest display, solid in the main but lacking that creativity we have seen from others. To be fair all the negative press and comment in social media must be having an effect, not just on him but those around him and those in control of his destiny. A week can be a long time in sport!
Today’s contest will be interesting. Will Scotland continue to build on their recent efforts or will that French flare turn up on their pitch. My money is on a marginal home win!

nelliethehooker replied on 26/02/2023 20:34

Posted on 26/02/2023 20:34

A little more than a marginal win at the finish but it could, and should have been a very tight finish apart from that poor lineout overthrow which handed the game back to the French just when the Scots had their tails up.

However the next round of matches should be just as interesting, and hopefully, as exciting as this weekend's.

mickysf replied on 07/03/2023 10:13

Posted on 26/02/2023 20:34 by nelliethehooker

A little more than a marginal win at the finish but it could, and should have been a very tight finish apart from that poor lineout overthrow which handed the game back to the French just when the Scots had their tails up.

However the next round of matches should be just as interesting, and hopefully, as exciting as this weekend's.

Posted on 07/03/2023 10:13

Well that next round is nearly upon us and the media hype around the fixtures is building and may go into overdrive. What with Marcus Smith returning and Italy potentially embarrassing the Welsh again. Should be, as you said Nellie, interesting and exciting. What I’m aware of though is one fan’s delight is another’s nightmare. 

ABM replied on 11/03/2023 21:56

Posted on 11/03/2023 21:56

Er,  er, does that, perchance, mean in each half, Mickysf ,  because thats what I think is likely unless there is a  100% improvement in ALL THE ENGLISH PLAYERS PERFORMANCE  yell 

Todays episode was quite the worst England performance that I have ever seen ~~ at least I could start reading fairy stories on my Kindle, ready for the fairy tales to come in several parts of the Sunday Scandal Sheets.

mickysf replied on 12/03/2023 16:55

Posted on 11/03/2023 21:56 by ABM

Er,  er, does that, perchance, mean in each half, Mickysf ,  because thats what I think is likely unless there is a  100% improvement in ALL THE ENGLISH PLAYERS PERFORMANCE  yell 

Todays episode was quite the worst England performance that I have ever seen ~~ at least I could start reading fairy stories on my Kindle, ready for the fairy tales to come in several parts of the Sunday Scandal Sheets.

Posted on 12/03/2023 16:55

Still lost for words!☹️

nelliethehooker replied on 12/03/2023 20:33

Posted on 12/03/2023 20:33

What a dreadful performance. I wonder what the shape of the team will be for next weekend's mstch? I fear for England too after Ireland's performance today.

The first half of today's game was really enjoyable, and a great contest, but Scotland threw it away after ha!f time. It may well have been a different game had they crossed the line just before 1/2 time, but what ifs don't matter in the long run. 

ABM replied on 12/03/2023 22:33

Posted on 12/03/2023 22:33

I hope the " Irish  Patient { aka Gary  Ringrose } " is ok this evening, Nth  -- he struggled to raise his hand off his chest to give the fans a " Thumbs up "  but at least he shewed that he was conscious even if ailing somewhat.

Very Best Wishes for the lad 'cos we all know just how dangerous Head Injuries can be, even in years to come !!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook