How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 11/06/2021 16:47

Posted on 11/06/2021 16:47

Town’s new kit was announced today. They’ve gone for a sort of replica of the kit that the team wore in our one and only win in the FA Cup. That was in 1922 so it’s a centenary of sorts. They’ve also put the names of the team inside the back of the collar, a nice touch.

That news in itself won’t be of interest but the reaction on the fans forum was extraordinary. In other years there is always a mixed reaction to the new kit with some quite vitriolic posts, but this kit has received universal approval. 
Unbelievable Geoff

UTT Rog

papgeno replied on 12/06/2021 23:35

Posted on 12/06/2021 23:35

Another nice touch by the club was that descendants of members of the 1922 team were invited to the kit launch and in some cases modelled the kit.

It was obviously too good to last there has been some sniping on DATM (Down at the Mac, the original name of the stadium was The MacAlpine Stadium). However this has so far been only about the position of the second sponsor’s name on the back of shirt. It never fails to surprise me how some people can be so fussed about trivia.

papgeno replied on 17/06/2021 21:43

Posted on 17/06/2021 21:43

Brian a bit of info, Town have just released a list of friendly matches and the two at the JSS are both on 31st July 

The first kicks off at 1230 and is against the Alex. It’s behind closed doors but if you were minded to watch, Town will be streaming it on their YouTube thingy 

They’re playing again at 1630 against Oldham Athletic and hoping to let fans in to watch 

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 18/06/2021 17:42

Posted on 18/06/2021 17:42

ooooo, thank you Roger,  that's given me something to look forward to, always assuming I'm not all worn out watching ball games ( or not if it rains tooooo much )

ABM replied on 18/06/2021 22:38

Posted on 18/06/2021 22:38

Thank You, England  --  you've managed to bore A B M stiff twice in two weeks,  Firstly at crikit then again tonight at futball { well that's what they said it was  !  }

Think in future I will be out side holding a brolly over the favourite bee food plants  much more satisfying.

Extugger replied on 19/06/2021 07:50

Posted on 19/06/2021 07:50

Another 90 minutes of my life wasted watching the hopeless, inept, overpaid jokers that like to call themselves footballers. The 'beautiful game' it is not!  All teams playing in the most boring and laboriuos manner! Celebrating a draw for gawd sake! Commentators discussing the new hairstyles of the protagonists! (far too complimentary a word) I mean, just WHAT the hell is going on here???!!!

Ive had enough. Time to call it a day. Football used to be entertaining and played by men with spirit, guile and guts who were proud to pull on an England jersey. That is no longer the case and I cannot pen the adjectives I would like to use to describe this current crop. At least the Lions tour starts soon 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 19/06/2021 11:09

Posted on 19/06/2021 07:50 by Extugger

Another 90 minutes of my life wasted watching the hopeless, inept, overpaid jokers that like to call themselves footballers. The 'beautiful game' it is not!  All teams playing in the most boring and laboriuos manner! Celebrating a draw for gawd sake! Commentators discussing the new hairstyles of the protagonists! (far too complimentary a word) I mean, just WHAT the hell is going on here???!!!

Ive had enough. Time to call it a day. Football used to be entertaining and played by men with spirit, guile and guts who were proud to pull on an England jersey. That is no longer the case and I cannot pen the adjectives I would like to use to describe this current crop. At least the Lions tour starts soon 

Posted on 19/06/2021 11:09

Yup, no place for old men🀷🏻‍♂️(Me included)πŸ‘πŸ»

Pliers replied on 19/06/2021 20:27

Posted on 19/06/2021 20:27

We’re away in the ‘van at the moment, and never take a TV with us, but seems there have been more goals in today’s games.

Just Scotland and England that have only 1 goal between them in 2 games. Maybe playing into form as the tournament progresses......?
πŸ™‚

Pliers replied on 20/06/2021 20:41

Posted on 18/06/2021 17:42 by ABM

ooooo, thank you Roger,  that's given me something to look forward to, always assuming I'm not all worn out watching ball games ( or not if it rains tooooo much )

Posted on 20/06/2021 20:41

Just heard a rumour that “Crewe Moon” will be heard on the terraces at Gresty Road next season πŸ™‚, if anyone is allowed in.

Go for it....πŸ™‚βš½οΈπŸ™‚

ABM replied on 23/06/2021 18:02

Posted on 01/03/2017 14:47 by papgeno

If you're losing at Hartlepools then you really do need to be worrying😱

Posted on 23/06/2021 18:02

Just reminding you, Roger, that on the date of your post  [above ] it looked like Crewe were about to depart from the Bottom Division, having suffered a 4 - 0 defeat from 'Artlepools  and very recently they, Artlepools that is, scraped a win against Torquat Disunited, and as such, will return to Division Two of the EFL  whilst T'Alex are slumbering gently in the middle of Divn ONE !!   

Just have to get my seasons bragging in whilst I can,  wink, don't I

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook