How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 30/05/2022 12:46

Posted on 30/05/2022 12:46

Darn it I pressed the wrong button.

I wish Forest all the luck in the greedy league next season, they’ll need it . I was chatting to a Forest supporter at the services on the way home and he reckoned they would be straight back down. They weren’t any better than Town yesterday we even had to sore their goal for them😳

Onwards and upwards, looking forward to next season already. The main interest now turns to who will we sign and who will we let go.

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 30/05/2022 16:38

Posted on 30/05/2022 16:38

I've been hunting down a few "Old Timers" on the Introductions thread - haven't found any knights or Ladies of the Realm yet !!  Well I did think that a few would appear if only to beg a crumb or six from our plates this week  cool.

Still I've found an early post by Jill ( with a J of course  wink ) which might surprise her a little !!

ABM replied on 30/05/2022 16:59

Posted on 28/04/2019 11:06 by moulesy

Yes, thinking about Brian and the Alex, didn't they score 6 or 7 on the opening day of the season too? It's just the 40 odd games between times that have been a problem! laughing

Posted on 30/05/2022 16:59

Posted on 28/04/2019 surprised

Didn't know you were psychic Moulesy lad surprised  Only three years early you SCAMP !!  cry

papgeno replied on 25/06/2022 14:18

Posted on 25/06/2022 14:18

God that made me feel old!

I had an email from the EFL inviting me to sync the fixture list to my iPhone and iPad diaries. I put my email address in no problem then they needed my date of birth by way of a drop down menu. Day, no problem between 1 and 6; month, no problem between 1 and 4; year, I had to scroll down a hell of a long way!!

The first couple of times I tried they said they had an issue which they’d fix and to try again so I had to reinforce how old I am three times🤬

Now I’ve checked my diaries to find that I’ve got three entries for each fixture day. The wonders of modern technology 🤓

Burnley up for the first match with Kompany as manager, that’ll be interesting 

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 25/06/2022 23:09

Posted on 25/06/2022 23:09

I've got three entries for each fixture day.

And you thought only this forum was bad  whoohoo teehee gigglegiggle  smile

papgeno replied on 26/06/2022 08:27

Posted on 25/06/2022 23:09 by ABM

I've got three entries for each fixture day.

And you thought only this forum was bad  whoohoo teehee gigglegiggle  smile

Posted on 26/06/2022 08:27

Trouble is I’m not sufficiently tech savvy to be able to get rid of the ones I don’t need

papgeno replied on 23/07/2022 22:09

Posted on 23/07/2022 22:09

Less than a week to the start of the season (Town kick off on Friday against Burnley) thanks again Sky. It seems to me that football is very rarely played at 3-00 pm on a Saturday anymore.

The club  look to have recruited fairly well. One returning ex player, a number  of players making a step up from lower leagues and a first for Town, a Japanese internationalist!

ABM replied on 30/07/2022 17:11

Posted on 30/07/2022 17:11

Well, a good start to season 2022--23  for t' Alex.

Top half of the table with a win ( 2  ~  1 ) away to Rochdale wink

Not Complaining today { well not yet any way  }

papgeno replied on 30/07/2022 22:54

Posted on 30/07/2022 22:54

Wish I could say the same Brian but we got a lesson on how to play football last night.

Burnley played us off the park in the first half and Town were very lucky to go in at half-time only one down. They played much better in the second half especially when two of our new players were introduced.

You could see the influence of Kompany’s years at Man City in the way Burnley played, they passed the ball brilliantly and for long periods Town couldn’t get the ball off them, and when they did they gave it straight back 🤬

Still it’s early days 

UTT Rog

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook