Hundreds Cricket

ABM replied on 22/07/2021 12:24

Posted on 22/07/2021 12:24

Watched the Very First  Women's session of  this new cricket format  last evening.

None too impressed with the game, so I will give the men a chance tonight BUT Brian  has the feeling that this will not be the wonderful thing it is hoped to be !!

Whittakerr replied on 22/07/2021 15:07

Posted on 22/07/2021 15:07

I only caught the second innings and like you wasn't too impressed with either the format or the match. Some atrocious fielding from the Manchester team. 

trellis replied on 22/07/2021 18:54

Posted on 22/07/2021 18:54

Brian , I can see the sisterhood baying for your blood 😁. Have to agree with you though  , if it ain't 5 day with a red ball it's just not cricket.😁🏏🏏.

ABM replied on 22/07/2021 21:50

Posted on 22/07/2021 21:50

1) no Freddy they are Bought-in players bulked out with some local talent.

I deliberately said 'some' local talent 'cos I've only seen two games so far and will not be watching any more !!

2) saw the Opening 'mens' game tonight yell  I think the sisterhood will deal gently with me now, 'cos the mens game was a darned sight worse than theirs  kiss

3)   Cannot totally agree with you, Trellis Mate, limited over was the vast bulk of the games I took part in even tho' we only ever had red ball cricket  { I Would be boasting to say I Played embarassed  }

4)  All things considered the T.V. coverage was pretty dire too 

Extugger replied on 23/07/2021 06:22

Posted on 23/07/2021 06:22

After trying my best to explain the merits of this new format to Mrs ExT, it's a begger when all she said on the matter was she preferred the 'Act' in the interval in the womans match. Just about sums it up. A new format it might be, aimed at attracting the young to the game. Those which were captured on screen and those who were interviewed, certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves. Or was it because school term has finished? 

I'm concerned what Test cricket will look like in 10 years surprised

trellis replied on 23/07/2021 08:30

Posted on 23/07/2021 08:30

If this competition gets youngsters interested , that'll be no bad thing . But I worry that they will only be drawn in to the dark side  of the " see ball ... smack it into another postcode "" format .🤔🏏🏏.

Whittakerr replied on 23/07/2021 08:33

Posted on 23/07/2021 08:33

I dont think I'll be watching any more matches if only to get away from the nauseous TV graphics.

papgeno replied on 25/07/2021 12:53

Posted on 25/07/2021 12:53

What bugs me about this new competition is that it has taken the best county players away from their teams just as the 50 over competition is getting started so it’s now almost a second team event.

Also it’s not that different from the T20 blast apart from the increased razzmatazz and those bl**dy awful graphics and I can’t get my head round seeing some of Yorkshire’s finest playing for other city teams.🤬

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook