It starts today...πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰ the Autumn Internationals

nelliethehooker replied on 05/11/2021 20:43

Posted on 05/11/2021 15:53 by mickysf

That’s true but The All Blacks are now so far ahead of any opposition in my opinion. What can England do to meet New Zealand’s exacting standards and skill sets?

However, it’s good that the stronger nations play against those 2nd tier countries to help raise their experiences, just not sure Tonga is one of them. 
now what will happen as Farrell and Smith may well be out of tomorrow’s encounter. Looking more like an England B side. Now that may help future developments and may just make for better watching.

I think Italy will get more out of this weekend than England will. They just may not feel like this mind at the end of the game and a score line many predict.

Posted on 05/11/2021 20:43

Perhaps giving George Furbank a run out wouldn't be a bad thing. Good to have plenty of reserves familiar with the systems in the squad.

nelliethehooker replied on 07/11/2021 20:15

Posted on 07/11/2021 20:15

Looks as if Smith has already won the hearts of the English fans after Saturday's performance, and Furbank also seems to have had a decent introduction to international rugby. Wonder who will start at No.10 next week now that Farrell has returned a negative Covid result? After Scotland's excellent victory over Australia will England be able to emulate them next weekend?

The Red Roses had a second stunning victory today reading the reports. I didn't manage to watch the match but looking at the highlights it appears that the new forward coach has brought another dynamic aspect to their play.

Extugger replied on 07/11/2021 22:52

Posted on 07/11/2021 22:52

Furbank and Smith both played well and hopefully will keep Farrell on the sidelines, where he belongs imho. England look a better side without him and no one will convince me he’s better than Tuillangi!

Good victory for Scotland in what was a fairly drab affair. The Welsh showed plenty of spirit but not much invention.

Tie of the weekend was a superb game between France and Argentina. Probably the best game of international rugby I’ve watched in years.

nelliethehooker replied on 24/11/2021 19:29

Posted on 24/11/2021 19:29

The All Blacks are now so far ahead of any opposition in my opinion. What can England do to meet New Zealand’s exacting standards and skill sets?

After all the Autumn matches  having been played it would appear that NZ are not that far ahead, if at all at the moment, of the northern hemisphere teams. It will be a very competitive 6 nations championship this spring. Should be really exciting competition.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook