Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari for 2025 Season

Oneputt replied on 01/02/2024 17:26

Posted on 01/02/2024 17:26

Sky news are reporting it as a done deal.  It’s not long since Hamilton signed a 2 year contract extension with Mercedes’ saying it was his forever home

TimboC replied on 01/02/2024 19:03

Posted on 01/02/2024 19:03

I can't see that Ferrari would accept any driver who wanted to join just for the kudos of driving for them.

Hamilton, as brilliant as he is, will have is work cut out just keeping up with LeClerc, and he'll be expected to wipe the floor with him.

This new opportunity will invigorate both drivers and, so long as Ferrari give them the car, we have a mouth watering prospect of a brilliant 2025 season! Hamilton, LeClerc, new blood at Mercedes, Verstappen...the spare parts bill is going to be epic!

Bring it on!

TimboC replied on 01/02/2024 19:35

Posted on 01/02/2024 19:35

And he'll be mightily brassed off....he's been the equal of LeClerc this past season, but I can't see that Verstappen would be happy with having him in the sister car and Red Bull aren't the best at handling two drivers of equal ability. When the chips are down, he'd be the number two driver and he's had a belly full of that Ferrari

Whittakerr replied on 02/02/2024 10:04

Posted on 02/02/2024 10:04

I hope Ferrari will be able to get their race strategies right to give Lewis a fair chance. Their race statagests have got a lot of history in making both stupid and bad decisions when under pressure. 

DavidKlyne replied on 02/02/2024 10:30

Posted on 02/02/2024 10:30

I assume the reason for going to Ferrari in 2025 is to be there whilst they develop the 2026 car which is the next big change in spec. These major engine and design changes are usually when a different team comes to the top of the league. It happened after the Vettel winning era when Mercedes became dominant and the current changes saw Red Bull re-emerge as the leading team. There will also be a few new engine suppliers for 2026. Whilst I have a bias towards Red Bull (my son works there and they are based in MK) the Championship is more exciting if several teams and drivers are in the mix.

David  

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook