RFU World Cup

nelliethehooker replied on 09/09/2023 21:58

Posted on 09/09/2023 21:58

After a good win for France against NZ last night, there have been relatively easy victories for Ireland, Italy and Australia today. This evening's game was supposed to be a close match. With England's Tom Curry being given a red card within the first 5 minutes it looked as if they were up against it, however George Ford has worked his magic and with 27 points sunk the Pumas. What a victory!!v

Lukeledge replied on 30/10/2023 08:33

Posted on 30/10/2023 08:33

What an excellent final game, although only 1 try, it was fast paced and exciting with top class skills shown by both sides. 

Overall an excellent world cup, we went to several games and the organisers deserve a pat on the back for how well it was done.

Main negative was the draw which meant unequal pools , and unequal quarter finals and putting games on at 9pm in France which meant transport could be difficult after games.

nelliethehooker replied on 02/11/2023 21:17

Posted on 02/11/2023 14:26 by mickysf

Sad in some respects to see Wayne Barnes announcing his retirement today. I hope this was always his plan! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67297884

Posted on 02/11/2023 21:17

Agree with you, micky. It would appear that has received some online abuse, but I think that regardless of that it was his intention to finish now to spend more time with his young family. All the best to him as he has been at the top for quite a long while.

mickysf replied on 02/11/2023 21:44

Posted on 02/11/2023 21:17 by nelliethehooker

Agree with you, micky. It would appear that has received some online abuse, but I think that regardless of that it was his intention to finish now to spend more time with his young family. All the best to him as he has been at the top for quite a long while.

Posted on 02/11/2023 21:44

I’ll tell you what, Nellie, reading about his wife, Polly, she is some feisty and principled lady. Good on her, she’s right behind him!👍

nelliethehooker replied on 04/11/2023 22:03

Posted on 04/11/2023 22:03

Not quite at the same level as the World Cup but England 's ladies team has had a very successful WXV1 tourament , finishing with a resounding victory over their chief rival New Zealand to win the league. In fact three out of four of the home side's have topped their respective leagues, the only ones missing out being Wales. 

I am not sure if the winner of each tier gain promotion after this year's round of matches, but it is definitely on the cards for future years, which should added spice to the competition.

mickysf replied on 04/11/2023 23:29

Posted on 04/11/2023 22:03 by nelliethehooker

Not quite at the same level as the World Cup but England 's ladies team has had a very successful WXV1 tourament , finishing with a resounding victory over their chief rival New Zealand to win the league. In fact three out of four of the home side's have topped their respective leagues, the only ones missing out being Wales. 

I am not sure if the winner of each tier gain promotion after this year's round of matches, but it is definitely on the cards for future years, which should added spice to the competition.

Posted on 04/11/2023 23:29

I’ve watched some of the highlights of these games, the standard is exceptionally high and very entertaining. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook