Rugby World Cup (Women)

mickysf replied on 10/10/2022 09:52

Posted on 10/10/2022 09:52

Wow, what a start by the Red Roses. Looks like France and NewZealand will be the main opposition. I’m seriously impressed with the match fitness and tactical skills of these ladies. Let’s hope for an enjoyable game and positive outcome next weekend.

mickysf replied on 30/10/2022 20:12

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:12

Well, it’s Canada in the semi final next weekend.👍 Hopefully that challenge completed successfully it looks likely that they will meet the Black Ferns, should they get past France, in the final, if all pans out as suggested by the pundits. Must say the RRs are certainly deserving of the accolades so far!🌹🌹

mickysf replied on 01/11/2022 22:04

Posted on 01/11/2022 22:04

With the Women’s League and Union World Cups taking place at same time, that’s going to confuse a few! However, in my opinion, and I enjoy both codes, the Red Roses are far more skilled, savvy and tactically superior that their ‘sisters’ the Lionesses . A joy to watch though, both but particularly the RRs!

mickysf replied on 07/11/2022 18:25

Posted on 07/11/2022 18:25

To be honest, the best games of rugby this weekend gone were the two semifinals of the Women's’ World Cup. Red Roses now only the Black Ferns to beat this come weekend in order to lift the trophy! Go girls!🌹🏉👍

mickysf replied on 11/11/2022 08:00

Posted on 11/11/2022 08:00

Well it’s less than 24 hrs after which we will know if The Red Roses are World Champions. The pressure is now on in my opinion, The Black Ferns at home with a capacity crowd will present a difficult challenge. Go Girls 👍🏉🌹

nelliethehooker replied on 12/11/2022 20:11

Posted on 12/11/2022 20:11

Well they couldn't manage the final hurdle, not helped by being down to 14 for about 3/4 of the match. However it was some game and both teams played great rugby, it certainly highlighted just how far the women's game has come on in the last few years.

mickysf replied on 12/11/2022 20:59

Posted on 12/11/2022 20:11 by nelliethehooker

Well they couldn't manage the final hurdle, not helped by being down to 14 for about 3/4 of the match. However it was some game and both teams played great rugby, it certainly highlighted just how far the women's game has come on in the last few years.

Posted on 12/11/2022 20:59

Absolutely agree, coming from my era I do find it hard to understand how an accidental head clash should change the game so much. A yellow card more appropriate in my view but despite this, wow, what a tournament! Well done all combatants involved throughout!

nelliethehooker replied on 12/11/2022 22:07

Posted on 12/11/2022 22:07

In this case it was a "head to head" contact and that is an automatic red card theses days, be it accidental or not. There has been too little done in the past to protect players and so we have ended up with going to the other extreme, but if it saves just one life it will have done what the rule has set out to do.  Players will just have to ensure that they avoid such instances, as the refs do have to stick rigidly to the laws, especially in competitions shown on TV, but they still can use careful judgement as shown with the N.Z. player's tackle.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook