Solace in Solheim

Extugger replied on 07/09/2021 05:57

Posted on 07/09/2021 05:57

After the debacle at the Oval, it was refreshing to see the European Ladies retain the Solheim Cup. Impressive stuff as it's only the second occasion we've beaten the Yanks on their turf.

Many congratulations to Catriona Matthew and the squad.

I really enjoyed, each time an American lined up a putt, a chant from a muppet in the crowd "get in the hole" meant exactly the opposite! Justice was done and the silence deafening! laughing

ABM replied on 07/09/2021 21:41

Posted on 07/09/2021 21:41

Thank Heavens You Posted This one, JR !!

A B M has the same thoughts but might get a reputation for being a grumpy old  Fellow if He posts toooo  many things like that  !

Extugger replied on 08/09/2021 17:11

Posted on 08/09/2021 17:11

Must be something to do with the air we breathe Brian 😉😂😂 

Being a keen golfer (5 times per week) we were discussing the Solheim success on the course and each participant concurred with me. Chanting and hollerin USA style has no place on a golf course (the Europeans can also be as bad) It should be banned and players stopped at inciting it. Football chanting is for football! Good Heavens, there’ll be chanting at crikkit matches next! 😡🤫🤫😳 

papgeno replied on 20/09/2021 23:12

Posted on 20/09/2021 23:12

It’ll be great if the blokes can follow suit this weekend 

Extugger replied on 21/09/2021 02:45

Posted on 21/09/2021 02:45

It will indeed and I suspect there may even be a new thread appearing 👍😉

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook