Tour of Britain 2023 Routes

Takethedogalong replied on 22/07/2023 10:48

Posted on 22/07/2023 10:48

Anyone interested, some of the route details for this years TofB are now available. We are lucky, two stages not far from us, including rolling through Clumber Park again, and a day in East Yorks starting in Goole, wending it’s way up towards Bridlington, back down the coast and finishing in Beverly. Two Wales stages, and a stage we would have loved to have been on, Tewkesbury to Gloucester. Not going to Scotland this year.

Website is updated frequently from now on with more route details, teams and who might be riding. Vuelta is usually on at same time, so it varies.

https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/

Wherenext replied on 22/07/2023 11:49

Posted on 22/07/2023 11:49

Hopefully, we'll unfortunately be out of the area when it visits Wrexham.

Will you get to the Yorkshire ones Ttda?

Takethedogalong replied on 22/07/2023 12:26

Posted on 22/07/2023 12:26

Yes, should do. We might stay at Clumber a couple of nights, we can watch it roll through early in race, then zip in Jeep to Retford for another viewing. It passes that day only five mile from home, so lots of viewing potential, including actually riding to it on our bikes. Then there’s the Goole to  Beverley day. Goole isn’t far, but the starts are hectic, so parking could be a problem. Again, we could stop on a CL near Brid and cycle out. 

OH has applied to British Cycling to work as a race steward, just missed the latest training day, but hopefully on next. Something I would do as well, if I could. 

Looking at World Champs in Glasgow as well, next month, but don’t think that’s possible at the moment🙁 Have to watch on TV. Hey ho……

SteveL replied on 22/07/2023 13:04

Posted on 22/07/2023 13:04

In 2017 we watched them in Clumber then drove to Newark, parked in the large car park by the castle and walked across to the Finish. It was a bunched sprint and absolutely terrifying to watch close up. I think Mark Cavendish was in it that year. I believe it finishes there again, so well worth the effort, if in the area. 

Takethedogalong replied on 22/07/2023 13:58

Posted on 22/07/2023 13:58

Thanks Steve, it is another option👍 Bunch sprints are indeed not for the faint of heart, particularly if Cav is involved. He might well be riding this year, depends how his shoulder goes. 

Lukeledge replied on 23/07/2023 11:02

Posted on 23/07/2023 11:02

We will be getting ready for our trip to the Rugby World Cup in France about then. Also all the stage a fair distance from us.

We will go and see the World Cycling Championships though as they are based in Glasgow and not too far from us.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/07/2023 11:44

Posted on 23/07/2023 11:44

Yes, I think Scotland has no stages this year as it is hosting the World Championships, we have been to and enjoyed a few stages in Scotland. We would have been up there for Road Races had it not been for my caring duties, and possibly in the Velodrome as well. Yorkshire had no stages for a while, as it had its own TdeY race, so it’s good to see it back these last few years. Looks a cracking road race for Elite Men up in Scotland.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook