2024 Stork Webcam

mickysf replied on 19/03/2024 10:15

Posted on 19/03/2024 10:15

Good news, it looks like there are now four eggs in the webcam nest. 
Storks have always been a fascination for me since childhood. As a very young child I saw one circling high over the skies of Cornwall. I was then told that I was lucky to see one and that although several birds visited the UK every year they had not bred for centuries due to persecution. Those stork visitations have continued throughout my lifetime but now, with help, they breed once more on our shores. 
I feel I must know go and see them once more with my own eyes in the feather.

https://www.cameronbespolka.com/young-birders-blog/white-stork-their-heritage-in-the-uk-and-potential-future#:~:text=The%20white%20stork%20(Ciconia%20ciconia,spotted%20annually%20across%20the%20UK.

RedKite replied on 13/04/2024 12:15

Posted on 13/04/2024 12:15

Just had a look and could not see the chick will look again later.

Had a email from LPO and a webcam on a stork's nest in the Charente and 1 adult sitting on the nest and must be very warm  as she is trying to cool down as very warm here today.

mickysf replied on 16/04/2024 07:23

Posted on 16/04/2024 07:23

Thankfully they have survived the windy weather and hopefully the last egg has now hatched or is hatching. The adult, can’t tell if it’s the male or female, has hunkered down tight this morning. Here’s a snap from the webcam yesterday and one just now.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook