What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

Wherenext replied on 30/05/2021 18:04

Posted on 30/05/2021 18:04

A wander through Coombes Valley reserve today on a longer walk. Lovely seeing the Pied Flycatchers, Redstarts and Garden Warbler. There was also a lot of new Bluebell stands around. Bit late but enjoyable nevertheless.

nelliethehooker replied on 31/05/2021 15:40

Posted on 30/05/2021 18:04 by Wherenext

A wander through Coombes Valley reserve today on a longer walk. Lovely seeing the Pied Flycatchers, Redstarts and Garden Warbler. There was also a lot of new Bluebell stands around. Bit late but enjoyable nevertheless.

Posted on 31/05/2021 15:40

Banks of Bluebells here in Mid Wales, and still some Primroses in flower and patches of Pink Purslane and Campion in the hedgerow.

nelliethehooker replied on 02/06/2021 19:21

Posted on 02/06/2021 19:21

Walking along by the  Brecon canal  today saw, as well as the usual, for this area at least, Red Kites,  both a Blackcap singing away on a Willow, and a Spotted Flycatcher doing it's arial gymnastics. Also cruising  down the water, avoiding the canal boats was this family.

Wherenext replied on 02/06/2021 20:01

Posted on 02/06/2021 20:01

More a flower day today.

On a lovely walk which took us through some woodland, we came across loads of Wood Avens, new Wild Garlic, some Herb Bennett, Wild Strawberries and Common Spotted Orchids on the edge of the wood. Also the Hawthorn blossom seems a lot later here at it was at its peak today. Like having 2 birthdays. Wonderful.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/06/2021 21:45

Posted on 03/06/2021 21:45

Sand Martins and Swifts over the river near the site this morning, and numerous Buzzards and Red Kites as we drove up to our new site. Found out the cause of the Owl hoots during the day at the Brecon site....two baby Owls sat with one of their parents up in the tree behind nextdoor's caravan.

Wherenext replied on 05/06/2021 22:18

Posted on 05/06/2021 22:18

They've been cutting long grass on the farm today. We still have a couple of fields next to us on the CL that have long grass and I've just been listening to a Quail calling. Called for about 10 minutes quite nearby so I suspect it's been disturbed from one of the other fields as I've not heard it in the previous quiet nights. 

ABM replied on 06/06/2021 18:48

Posted on 06/06/2021 18:48

Hilarious sight of next door neighbour armed with a large towel & a small dish of  ABM's very best bird food crawling round the living-room floor trying  to remove a young and nervous starling from under his furniture. It had, apparently, flown in at ankle height after colliding, as they do, with a window and then followed it's scrambled senses for safety surprised.  It eventually found it's own way out but only after all the furniture had been investigated and found wanting, of course. All that remains to be done is to watch while the furniture is returned to it's original positions { I will know when that's in progress from the chunnering and cussing that is sure to accompany it wink }

Wherenext replied on 07/06/2021 17:29

Posted on 07/06/2021 17:29

Well that was a special walk, along Bradford and Lathkill Dales, seeing full fields of Buttercups and Clover, Swallows everywhere, Butterflies galore, a Dipper feeding a chick, a cute cygnet with mum and dad, a pair of Mandarin ducks, Redstarts and Willow Warblers, and best of all we came across a Slow-Worm on the path. Fortunately OH warned me just before I stepped on it causing me to do a quick pas-de-deux across it. Unfortunately it was quicker than we could get the phone out to photograph it!😂

A really super day's nature watching.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook