What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

RedKite replied on 14/12/2021 10:53

Posted on 14/12/2021 10:53

Thanks ADP1963, the nearest spot for you is Somerset or a bit further Norfolk, and as I used to live in Malvern that would have been a sight to them flying over the hills if they get that far.

Had the Hawfinch on the window feeder a few times and no other birds can get on it, they will have a bit of a shock Wednesday as we are away for awhile so no food will be put out  so hope they will come back when we are back.

brue replied on 15/12/2021 09:18

Posted on 15/12/2021 09:18

Nice music Nellie, thanks. smile When you think of it there is a lot of beautiful music written about birds and wildlife. I like Craig Ogden's "Birds Flew Over The Spire."

RedKite and ADP although we have Cranes here in Somerset I still haven't seen them, there is a LINK to the local project here. They are doing well.

Interestingly I have spotted the "pied" Jackdaw out in the fields behind us, easy to pick out, it just shows how vulnerable creatures are when they don't blend in with others.

RedKite replied on 15/12/2021 18:59

Posted on 15/12/2021 18:59

Now at Obterre and the owners Mike and Cath if we go up the road about half a mile there hundreds of cranes feeding in the fields so a trip up there tomorrow with bins and camera and hope to see some of them. they have go bird feeders here and will need topping up so that will keep me busy.

Pliers we had a Brambling on our window feeder the other week but not seen it recently.

ADP1963 replied on 16/12/2021 10:46

Posted on 16/12/2021 10:46

RedKite....I frequent both those places at all different times of the year and so far have not managed that spectacle........I live in anticipation .

RedKite replied on 17/12/2021 13:06

Posted on 17/12/2021 13:06

Well had to out late morning and thought will look at this field for the Cranes saw about 40 feeding so got OH to park a little way from them and I got my camera  and got myself behind a tree and had a good view of them just about to take some photos and a b....y great lorry came by and made so much noise they all flew off westwards no not a happy bunny but will try again sometime and will listen for them calling around here and may go to Brenne and  one of the hides where we have been told huge numbers have been seen there, but at least I did see some also a lot of small birds about in large numbers could not see them enough to identify them.

Pliers replied on 18/12/2021 16:36

Posted on 18/12/2021 16:36

Very good view of a stoat today, running across our local moors. Pure white, so really couldn’t miss it. 
Would have been very well camouflaged a couple of weeks ago, but not today!
🙂

moulesy replied on 24/12/2021 15:44

Posted on 24/12/2021 15:44

Just back from a walk across Penhale Dunes with the dogs and delighted to catch a close up of a pair of choughs. Only the second time in all the years we've been walking these parts that we've seen them close up like that and it was only their distinctive call that alerted me to the fact that they weren't common or garden rooks! smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook