Autumn Watch 2023 - cancelled

ABM replied on 02/02/2023 22:01

Posted on 02/02/2023 22:01

Not only is Chris Packham taking a break from  his T.V. exposure, but the BBC has decided to cancell Autumnwatch and halve the length of Winterwatch 2024 ! in the latest Ratings Row. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 08/02/2023 08:58

Posted on 08/02/2023 08:58

I struggle to condemn a person who cares deeply for wildlife R&R, trying to disrupt a hunt is not really bad in my book. Throwing rocks thru windows yes, fire bombing cars yes but not disruption. I thought it may have been something really bad🤷🏻‍♂️ 

richardandros replied on 08/02/2023 09:44

Posted on 08/02/2023 09:44

That isn’t the debate Rocky - the rights and wrongs of hunts are an entirely separate issue. My point is that CP openly associated himself with what were clearly criminal acts - as decided by a court of law and that it is inappropriate for the BBC to condone this by continuing to allow him to present their programme.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 08/02/2023 13:04

Posted on 08/02/2023 13:04

I see what you are saying R&R, I checked out the countryside alliance site you made available(thank you) then did further research to find there have been literally hundreds of CA members who have not only been to court but actually jailed for violence against the person, animals & homes of those saboteur's. I will honestly say-anyone engaging in law breaking is not someone worthy of promotion to any job.

peedee replied on 08/02/2023 13:29

Posted on 03/02/2023 14:35 by cyberyacht

I'm finding BBC News has declined. Too much padding about "Deirdre who has swum the length of the Serpentine for a transgender dog charity" or some such. I'm often tending to dip into Sky or Al Jazeera now.

Posted on 08/02/2023 13:29

Euro News for me as well as Sky News. The former is much more wide ranging than BBC or ITV and while SKY is not so well padded as BBC News, it is a bit more in depth.

Many of the best presenters have left or are leaving BBC, perhaps the rot also applies to the backroom staff as well?

peedee

mickysf replied on 17/02/2023 17:02

Posted on 08/02/2023 13:04 by Rocky 2 buckets

I see what you are saying R&R, I checked out the countryside alliance site you made available(thank you) then did further research to find there have been literally hundreds of CA members who have not only been to court but actually jailed for violence against the person, animals & homes of those saboteur's. I will honestly say-anyone engaging in law breaking is not someone worthy of promotion to any job.

Posted on 17/02/2023 17:02

There is a fundamental issue here rated to the validity and underpinning rational behind any particular law. There are a many examples of how some laws have only been changed or been reversed for the better through public action and protest. Any attempt to endanger the lives of others is, of course, reprehensible but I don’t read of any such actions being attributed to the presenter in question who quite honestly is under attack from certain unsavoury folk who are propagating falsehoods and fake news for their own selfish ends.  

mickysf replied on 03/05/2023 14:37

Posted on 08/02/2023 08:58 by Rocky 2 buckets

I struggle to condemn a person who cares deeply for wildlife R&R, trying to disrupt a hunt is not really bad in my book. Throwing rocks thru windows yes, fire bombing cars yes but not disruption. I thought it may have been something really bad🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Posted on 03/05/2023 14:37

We are now hearing of folk deliberately attempting the disgraceful in defending their own unsubstantiated and awful claims which have misled, agitated and fuelled a vocal and violent conspiratorial fringe who increasingly post threatening and vile material about him (Chris Packham) and his family.

Those making these claims have no other interest at all but to ridicule, tarnish, remove him from presenting The Watches and destroy the good work he does. Dreadful.

Fisherman replied on 03/05/2023 14:54

Posted on 03/05/2023 14:54

Attention seeker. Did you read the other day about the making of the next canned programme. Apparently they caught a badger ( how many laws did they break) and put a tracker on him. Then unfortunately they ran over it with their  gas guzzling 4 x 4. What a shame. That was my earlier post Deleted User. Probably same fate for this one!!

mickysf replied on 03/05/2023 16:37

Posted on 03/05/2023 16:37

Sad that this appears as described the truth is the intention was totally legal and honourable. Like the unfortunate hobby episode there was no malice or ill intention. Despite such occasional unfortunate occurrence bullies must not be allowed to win and they must not be allowed to spread their untruths. Iolo explains the need to do legitimate research and sometimes, with the very best intentions things can go wrong. No reason to stop learning more and helping wildlife.

Fisherman replied on 03/05/2023 17:21

Posted on 03/05/2023 17:21

Just shows how artificial these  programmes are.. The presenters just read an autocue and it seems odd they have to fly one in from South Africa. Talk about saving the planet.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook