Iolo's Borderlands

scoutman replied on 10/04/2023 21:01

Posted on 10/04/2023 21:01

Just watched the first two episodes of this programme from BBC Wales. Iolo Williams explores the border of Wales/England from south to north. Well worth watching this excellent wildlife presenter, fantastic knowledge and brilliant photography. It's repeated on BBC2 England on Friday evening's for those who can't get BBC Wales, also on iplayer.

mickysf replied on 18/04/2023 13:16

Posted on 18/04/2023 13:16

With all due respect, you’ll have to do better than that for us to understand your words, what on earth does proper country folk mean ? Are they everybody else? I’ve lived all my life as a proper country boy, raised and bred! Just like Iola and  I totally agree with his stances on all such matters, He is a true ambassador of the causes I hold dear! This series supports these notions!

Fisherman replied on 18/04/2023 15:47

Posted on 18/04/2023 15:47

People who actually work in the country year round. Not the recent country incomers who want to change everything the day they arrive. Not the 2 week holiday maker. The city Gents with mansions as a tax haven and country shoot to extend their networking.. The so called celebrities the arm chair environmentalist slaver over. Enough? Dont start me on the public sector people who want to tell me what to do, when and how, despite my life long experience.

scoutman replied on 18/04/2023 17:55

Posted on 18/04/2023 17:55

The reason for my post was to bring this excellent programme to the attention of members other than in Wales who may have missed it.  I am saddened to see it hijacked by others engaged in "virtue point scoring", But such is the way of this chat room. Hey ho.

mickysf replied on 18/04/2023 18:33

Posted on 18/04/2023 18:33

Same here Scoutman, all I attempted to do was widen the viewing by extolling the virtues of this presenter and how those outside Wales can view his program. Unfortunately whenever many of those topics covered in the series are discussed we get the same old derogatory labeling and categorisations trotted out by ‘some’. It’s happened to often in similar threads over the years. In the wise words of Iolo we need to keep at it and not succumb to such attacks and behaviours.

He did a superb job in helping the cancellation of the M4 relief road by doing exactly that. A true fighter for ecology and rewilding! Last words!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook