Our Troubled Rivers

Extugger replied on 06/03/2023 16:53

Posted on 06/03/2023 16:53

Not a new topic, but watching Paul Whitehouse’s documentary on BBC2 last night made my blood boil! Every single river in England is polluted and yet the Water Companies post enormous profits whilst illegally dumping sewage into our river and coastal waters. The river bed on a river near Manchester was deemed to have more micro plastics in it than anywhere else on the planet! The CEO’s of said Utilities still enjoy salaries and bonuses in the region of £2-3m. How disgusting are these people? Perhaps a session in a dunking chair, in one of the more polluted rivers? I fear we’d still get the same old company speak of ‘We’re investing and reaching our targets’ Blaa Blaa Blaa

This is serious and affects us all. Next week’s episode on Sunday will show us how agriculture is affecting our rivers and if you live on or near the South coast, you might be in for a stomach churning watch!

brue replied on 16/05/2023 17:09

Posted on 16/05/2023 17:09

We once stayed in one of the NT holiday cottages alongside the Bure, it was a lovely spot and the riverside "flora" at the bottom of the garden were very natural and attractive.

mickysf replied on 24/08/2023 09:14

Posted on 06/03/2023 16:53 by Extugger

Not a new topic, but watching Paul Whitehouse’s documentary on BBC2 last night made my blood boil! Every single river in England is polluted and yet the Water Companies post enormous profits whilst illegally dumping sewage into our river and coastal waters. The river bed on a river near Manchester was deemed to have more micro plastics in it than anywhere else on the planet! The CEO’s of said Utilities still enjoy salaries and bonuses in the region of £2-3m. How disgusting are these people? Perhaps a session in a dunking chair, in one of the more polluted rivers? I fear we’d still get the same old company speak of ‘We’re investing and reaching our targets’ Blaa Blaa Blaa

This is serious and affects us all. Next week’s episode on Sunday will show us how agriculture is affecting our rivers and if you live on or near the South coast, you might be in for a stomach churning watch!

Posted on 24/08/2023 09:14

Saw this video today, shameful. Not the video itself but what we are doing to our rivers and the wildlife within. This issue became very apparent when we were recently walking along a stretch of the River Wear near Durham.it’s happening all over the UK, sadly in many places our shared pastime takes us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjqMr5m_vHI&feature=youtu.be

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook