Springwatch 2023

replied on 11/05/2023 14:13

Posted on 11/05/2023 14:13

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Fisherman replied on 12/05/2023 07:31

Posted on 12/05/2023 07:31

Should be good for the wildlife. All those caravans, noisy generators, artificial lights day and night. Already some animal casualties, run over by the gas guzling 4  x 4's.All that so some so called celebrities can read an auto cue as if though  it was proper live. Most of the filming already canned. But there you go most people learn about nature from these sanitised TV programmes.

brue replied on 12/05/2023 08:27

Posted on 12/05/2023 08:27

Hopefully the rspb will keep everything under strict control, especially the extra visitors it might attract. 

mickysf replied on 12/05/2023 10:15

Posted on 12/05/2023 10:15

Many argue it should be toned down and sanitised as if often shows images of the likes of predators on prey and the unsavoury aspects of human influence on wildlife. It reports the good, the bad and the ugly. Some who believe it shows them and their so called ‘country’ ways in a bad light will use every ‘trick’ in the book to discredit or even destroy both the messages and in some cases the messengers. 
I’m sure Iolo and company will do an excellent job of education all regardless of where we reside and provide that much needed reality. I’m an old country lad born and bred and thankfully still learn much from these folk.

mickysf replied on 25/05/2023 15:34

Posted on 12/05/2023 10:15 by mickysf

Many argue it should be toned down and sanitised as if often shows images of the likes of predators on prey and the unsavoury aspects of human influence on wildlife. It reports the good, the bad and the ugly. Some who believe it shows them and their so called ‘country’ ways in a bad light will use every ‘trick’ in the book to discredit or even destroy both the messages and in some cases the messengers. 
I’m sure Iolo and company will do an excellent job of education all regardless of where we reside and provide that much needed reality. I’m an old country lad born and bred and thankfully still learn much from these folk.

Posted on 25/05/2023 15:34

Just a few days until SpringWatch returns. (29th May)

So good to hear that Chris has been totally vindicated and the bullies get their comeuppance. Hopefully he can now enjoy peace of mind away and we can enjoy his enthusiasm for wildlife.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-65707076

Fisherman replied on 26/05/2023 17:19

Posted on 26/05/2023 17:19

With Iolo indisposed it will be wokier than usual. May be some of his pre recorded stuff there whilst the rest read the autocues.

mickysf replied on 26/05/2023 21:10

Posted on 26/05/2023 21:10

I don’t think with Chris at the helm now having been fully vindicated of those cowardly accusations it will be woke at all. He is at the forefront of restorative practices and rattles a few cages in the process but all in the name of true nature, he tells it as it is, warts and all. Good on him, hope to see more in the new series.

ABM replied on 26/05/2023 22:26

Posted on 26/05/2023 22:26

Why do you say Iolo is indisposed, Fishy,   I've not heard or seen anything about him.

I just know he's a cracking great nature lover / Presenter.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook