Anyone else go Clay shooting

Takethedogalong replied on 12/10/2021 15:11

Posted on 12/10/2021 15:11

I have done clay shooting, and loved it😁 It’s something I keep thinking about taking up on a regular basis, but touring keeps getting in the way. That’s a cracking (πŸ˜‚) photo of an exploding clay by the way. πŸ‘

Pathfinder replied on 12/10/2021 15:46

Posted on 12/10/2021 15:46

Clay shooting clubs/facilities seem to be slowly disappearing, its been 2 years since me & my son shot any clays

SleafordQuin replied on 13/10/2021 07:53

Posted on 12/10/2021 15:46 by Pathfinder

Clay shooting clubs/facilities seem to be slowly disappearing, its been 2 years since me & my son shot any clays

Posted on 13/10/2021 07:53

They are as more restrictions seem to being applied to the smaller clubs

SleafordQuin replied on 13/10/2021 11:33

Posted on 12/10/2021 15:11 by Takethedogalong

I have done clay shooting, and loved it😁 It’s something I keep thinking about taking up on a regular basis, but touring keeps getting in the way. That’s a cracking (πŸ˜‚) photo of an exploding clay by the way. πŸ‘

Posted on 13/10/2021 11:33

yeah that is what is happening with me but got a couple of weeks off so booked a shooting lesson.  And thanks it is quite pleasing

C1iv3 replied on 13/10/2021 18:30

Posted on 13/10/2021 18:30

I'm a keen clay shooter and there are quite a few clubs around my area in Northamptonshire. All of them cater for novice shooters and those wanting to try it out.

It's been difficult for the smaller clubs during covid but as an outdoor sport they have all re-opened.

I can vouch that 99% of all members / shooters of all disciplines are a friendly and helpful crowd and you will be taught in a very safe environment.

Enjoy your shooting because it's a sport that can be enjoyed by all and everyone regardless of age or ability.

If you do decide to take it up as a sport it can be as cheap or as expensive as you need it to be.

Finally all I can say is that once you've smashed some clays it can become very addictive!

redface replied on 18/10/2021 19:14

Posted on 18/10/2021 19:14

Forget the 'Clay' - just shoot.

They are birds that are becoming more of an urban pest than they used to be.

Incidentally, they seem to love people who put solar panels on the roof as they then tend to nest in the small gap between the roof and the panels.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook