Camera Choice.

replied on 09/02/2019 06:33

Posted on 09/02/2019 06:33

I bought a Drone recently, which really brought home that my aging DSLR really  needs updating to something of a greater spec.

I have a Canon 350d, bought new many many years ago. It has served my need's well.

We walk, ramble, hike, call it what you will, the camera is literally chucked in the rucksack, brought out to record our walks then wallop back in again.

I'm an early riser and have been filling my time whilst waiting for Michelle to wake by reading about cameras all week, and to be honest, I'm confused, even more so now!

I definitely want image stabilisation of some sort, a zoom capability for those not too far away objects of interest.

My budget is £1000, which I know when talking lenses isn't much, is there a Canon plus a lense out there that would suit?

Too many models, I'm lost!

replied on 06/03/2019 04:39

Posted on 05/03/2019 18:30 by Cornersteady

me too as well. Agree with all of that 100%

Also mention the photoshop type programs that allow even more adjustment and even selective adjustment than could ever have been with a negative.

Posted on 06/03/2019 04:39

I've always been strictly amateur with photography, my brother is the serious one, has been for over 50 years.

I suppose his enthusiasm rubbed off a little, especially as years back I was the one tasked with carrying his equipment!

His light meter would fascinate me, that's my very first memory of a gadget, photographic or otherwise.

So back to this bridge camera, Canon Sx70.

The weekend gone was the start of our seasonal pitch season, I went on my own, Michelle was working, that's the caravan link over with laughing.

Sunday I crammed in as much camera instruction reading as I could before home time, I have to say, even though its gloopy reading, its essential.

What Cornersteady says about different subjects I found to be very true, I've now set up the custom button 1 and 2 for landscape and close up (wildlife) respectively.

Quite pleased with my progress with the camera so far.

My little dog acted as a model, managed to set tracking on her face while she was in the garden and I the conservatory.

Pan and tilt round as I followed her exploring, the tripod I bought is fantastic, to then take a really ok shot, wifi it to my phone, crop and enhance, then upload to a website for a canvas print!

No stamp required anyone else feeling old?

Oneputt replied on 06/03/2019 07:46

Posted on 06/03/2019 07:46

I rarely print photos.  For the last 3 years I store what I consider to be my best/favourite/funniest photos in a separate folder then in November put them together to create a calendar to give as Christmas pressies.

With the exception of cropping, I rarely if ever manipulate my photo's.  When I do I use Paint which came free on the computer.

replied on 08/05/2019 20:33

Posted on 08/05/2019 20:33

Clouds!

replied on 08/05/2019 20:58

Posted on 08/05/2019 20:58

Same day, place, almost time, within a few minutes of the above, just a different direction, weather is bonkers today here in SUFFOLK🤣

replied on 08/05/2019 21:24

Posted on 09/02/2019 06:33 by

I bought a Drone recently, which really brought home that my aging DSLR really  needs updating to something of a greater spec.

I have a Canon 350d, bought new many many years ago. It has served my need's well.

We walk, ramble, hike, call it what you will, the camera is literally chucked in the rucksack, brought out to record our walks then wallop back in again.

I'm an early riser and have been filling my time whilst waiting for Michelle to wake by reading about cameras all week, and to be honest, I'm confused, even more so now!

I definitely want image stabilisation of some sort, a zoom capability for those not too far away objects of interest.

My budget is £1000, which I know when talking lenses isn't much, is there a Canon plus a lense out there that would suit?

Too many models, I'm lost!

Posted on 08/05/2019 21:24

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 08/05/2019 21:47

Posted on 08/05/2019 21:24 by

Have you considered a GoPro Hero7 Black.  Really quite impressive and I can see why they are used by professionals.  

https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/hero7-black/CHDHX-701-master.html

Posted on 08/05/2019 21:47

I was knocked off bicycle last year, low speed impact, still flew over the bonnet and knocked unconscious  damaged just about every muscle group up the right side of my body!

Upshot, I've started riding again recently and been thinking about a really decent action camera, will have a gander, thank you.

replied on 09/05/2019 06:28

Posted on 09/05/2019 06:28

Couple of fun snaps taken yesterday.

Technology is amazing, to recap I did buy the Canon Sx70 bridge camera, on the lense is stamped 21-1365 35mm equiv, which I exploit to its max.

I've linked the camera to my phone which allows remote capture, zoom and picture transfer, the transfer option is step one in posting the four pictures on this forum.

After transfer, the amazing blue sky cloud photo was only slightly enhanced using a free app, then reduced in size by another free app

All incredible easy, the mobile is a Samsung S9 plus and works seamlessly with the camera.

A lightweight camera, easy to use and understand the many functions, a little flimsy in construction, but a cracking purchase. 

A spare battery is a must, around £7 from Amazon, the camera has no mains power supply and can turn off right in the middle of a thing.

cyberyacht replied on 09/05/2019 07:49

Posted on 09/05/2019 07:49

I've got a Canon SX30 which I've had for about ten years now. Very versatile and much easier than lugging a DSLR with myriad of lenses. No doubt the SX70, being the latest incarnation, is even more impressive.

replied on 09/05/2019 16:16

Posted on 09/05/2019 07:49 by cyberyacht

I've got a Canon SX30 which I've had for about ten years now. Very versatile and much easier than lugging a DSLR with myriad of lenses. No doubt the SX70, being the latest incarnation, is even more impressive.

Posted on 09/05/2019 16:16

That's pretty much what swung it, the weight and speed of use.

I bought a holster type camera bag and some metal quick clips, these I attach to my belt loops.

I can draw my camera quicker than John Wayne can shoot a silver dollar!

Here's a couple of pictures from today's walk started at Southwold Harbour.

I dabbled with the aperture size under AV setting.

At least Cyber you knew bridge cameras existed, completely passed me by.surprised

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook