Growing hostas for a hobby

hostahousey replied on 01/04/2014 21:26

Posted on 01/04/2014 21:26

I grow Hosta's for a hobby. They come in all shapes ,sizes and colours. Dearly prized by flower arrangers for their destinctive flowers and leaves which come in shades from creamy white to almost blue, the flowers usually being either white through to purple. My Hosta's are all grown in pots, so when a pot becomes pot-bound I divide into smaller pots usually in late-ish Autumn. These re-potted plants are sold to passers -by the folleing Spring .The revenue from this provides me with either new Hosta's or compost and bedding plants.........Does any one else have and use plants as a Hobby  ??

hostahousey replied on 17/09/2022 13:25

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:49 by brue

I'm keeping an eye out for frosts now and starting to get tender plants in. I admire your hostas on here, we just can't grow them where we live. smile

Posted on 17/09/2022 13:25

Brie, honestly Hostas are the easiest plants in the world to grow. Just descent compost a feed once there established and bobs your uncle.

My Hostas are now nearly ready for splitting as some are very pot bound .

hostahousey replied on 21/03/2023 12:18

Posted on 21/03/2023 12:18

Hostas are just starting to peep through. Nearly time for a feed 

hostahousey replied on 21/04/2023 16:02

Posted on 21/04/2023 16:02

Already posted on garden snaps , but I thought I would post pics on here, as these are the most forward Hostas to date 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook