The Flying Scotsman

golly79 replied on 06/07/2017 19:53

Posted on 06/07/2017 19:53

As seen by me and the wife in June ,as it went through Banbury, by chance we saw it ,we both video it ,and i took a still of it as you see the quality is a tad poor but heh , we have seen it , upon our holiday starting soon i hope to see it again at a favourite location of mine , for obvious reasons that location will remain private as parking is limited and the fact we do not want to see people get onto the line and risk their lives , as was done near Gloucester .

Navigateur replied on 06/07/2017 20:27

Posted on 06/07/2017 20:27

That will be "Flying Scotsman" then.   "The Flying Scotsman" is the name of a train, recently reintroduced on the East Coast Main Line. Locomotives do not have "The" in their names.

Navigateur replied on 06/07/2017 21:18

Posted on 06/07/2017 21:18

That would only apply if it was hauling that particular named train service.  At present it seems to be run using electic multiple units.

So you actually get two of them - the locomotive and the train.

JVB66 replied on 06/07/2017 21:47

Posted on 06/07/2017 21:47

Actually it is not an electric multiple unit there is a locomotive class 91 (normally at the north end) a rake of mk iv coaches with a driving van trailer (dvt) at the other end, the northbound,"The Flying Scotsman" was in the past the 10.00 am from platform 10  at KX,It has at times also been formed of an HST set

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook