A reminder

Pippah45 replied on 07/07/2018 18:53

Posted on 07/07/2018 18:53

My daughter is a dog walker and one of her clients has lost a dog in the car to the heat - apparently it was a misunderstanding between husband and wife not knowing where the dog was -  what a horrid way to go poor little dog.  A few years back there was the awful story of the Police dog handler who killed two of his dogs in successive years - some people clearly don't learn! 

She also met a lady while she was exercising dogs in the village.  Lady was sitting on the seat and remarked how hot it was - then she used the chucker to throw a ball for her dog which wasn't interested.  She said I can't understand why the dog won't chase the ball.  Daughter said perhaps the dog is feeling the heat too?  Oh NO she said dogs are fine in hot weather! 

I have had to force one of mine to come into the shade - she seems to enjoy the sun so much - but I get worried.  I would rather believe she would come in when she should but she has worried me.  Both dogs have had their coolcoats on all day today. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook