Cavalier Puppy Goes Caravanning in Dorset

Cavalier Caravaners replied on 02/05/2018 10:02

Posted on 02/05/2018 10:02

We have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who is 7 months old, we took her on her first caravan trip to Dorset Wareham forest tourist park in Easter. (we did have hunters moon C&MHC site booked but users on this forum mentioned the scrap yard near the site and the fact that wareham forest tourist park was cheaper so I cancelled the booking and booked WFTP instead.)

Wareham was great for dogs, the walks were good, dog walk on site and dog wash. The whole area was very dog friendly. We have 2 children age 8, we took the dog with us to Studland beach, Swanage Steam Railway and had lunch in the greyhound pub (where she got given dog biscuits) in Corfe Castel. I did a lot of research before went so had options the kids would enjoy where the dog could join us and Dorset location very good for kids and dogs and pub lunches in dog friendly pubs.

Poppy (the dog) slept in her crate near the kids bunk beds, she warmed herself up on the air blown heating at the front of the van. (See photos.)Taking a dog with you is more work but its worth it- so much fun!

DSB replied on 11/06/2018 17:35

Posted on 11/06/2018 17:35

On the subject of dogs in pubs, may I strongly recommend the DoggyPubs app which you can download on to the phone from Google Play Store or from the equivalent Apple site.  It costs the grand sum of 89p, but it is one of the best 89p I have spent.  Wouldn't be without it for finding a pub where you can take the dog.

Another useful app is called 'Dog Friendly'.  Not as good for pubs but it does list dog friendly beaches and other places too.  That one is free.

Hope that helps.

David

P.S. We're off to Wareham/Studland for part of the summer (been to the area quite often) and to Littlehampton CAMC site sometime during the summer.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook