Dog area at Hunter's Moon.

crown green bowler replied on 05/12/2018 09:42

Posted on 05/12/2018 09:42

Help needed please.

Has any of you stayed at Hunter's Moon C&MHC and needed to take your Dog---Dog's in the Dog walking area. The reason I ask is that we have booked to stay there but are unable to ring the site direct because it's closed and we would like to know is the dog area secure with a gate and fencing so that we can let our two dog's off lead in safety.  We have two whippets and they will chase anything that moves apart from other dog's. 

Many thank's    CGB.

RedKite replied on 05/12/2018 10:00

Posted on 05/12/2018 10:00

The dog area is completely fenced off with a gate for the entrance and a good size and have not seen any rabbits in that area.

The site is open but may not answer phone due to being out on site as only single couple site until end of this week also a lot of bookings of all sites today due to being able to book until 3rd January 2020.

If you look on google earth that will show you the dog walk area on the site. Hope this helps. We will be booking for late next year but not today.

brue replied on 05/12/2018 10:02

Posted on 05/12/2018 10:02

I can't remember how secure it is but it's near the road I think and quite small. However there is a gate into Wareham Forest at the back of the site with extensive walking. I expect your whippets need a good "run out" so I don't know whether you can let them off in somewhere like the forest?

crown green bowler replied on 05/12/2018 10:20

Posted on 05/12/2018 10:00 by RedKite

The dog area is completely fenced off with a gate for the entrance and a good size and have not seen any rabbits in that area.

The site is open but may not answer phone due to being out on site as only single couple site until end of this week also a lot of bookings of all sites today due to being able to book until 3rd January 2020.

If you look on google earth that will show you the dog walk area on the site. Hope this helps. We will be booking for late next year but not today.

Posted on 05/12/2018 10:20

Many thank's RK.

Thank's for the info.  This is just what we are looking for.  We already use a lot of sites with secure dog walk's but are always on the look out for new places.

crown green bowler replied on 05/12/2018 10:26

Posted on 05/12/2018 10:02 by brue

I can't remember how secure it is but it's near the road I think and quite small. However there is a gate into Wareham Forest at the back of the site with extensive walking. I expect your whippets need a good "run out" so I don't know whether you can let them off in somewhere like the forest?

Posted on 05/12/2018 10:26

Thank's brue.

One of the dog's has a mind of her own when out in wood's and some times turn's a deaf one when it suit's her.

Tracy123 replied on 05/12/2018 12:31

Posted on 05/12/2018 09:42 by crown green bowler

Help needed please.

Has any of you stayed at Hunter's Moon C&MHC and needed to take your Dog---Dog's in the Dog walking area. The reason I ask is that we have booked to stay there but are unable to ring the site direct because it's closed and we would like to know is the dog area secure with a gate and fencing so that we can let our two dog's off lead in safety.  We have two whippets and they will chase anything that moves apart from other dog's. 

Many thank's    CGB.

Posted on 05/12/2018 12:31

Hi CGB,

Hunters Moon site is open all year so to get exact information on the dog walk area you will be best contacting the Wardens direct. Their phone number is 01929 556605 and we always think it best to call around 3/4pm.

Kind Regards

Tracy

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook