Dogs and Caravans

Allen758 replied on 17/10/2017 11:43

Posted on 17/10/2017 11:43

When I bought this, my first caravan, I just knew I wouldn't keep the dogs off the sofa-beds but I didn't want to trash the 'van either. So I bought a pair of nice fleece throws thinking I could also snuggle under one on cooler evenings; when used I remembered fleece attracts dog-hair like a magnet. After a couple of uses the hairs are now well and truly entwined within the fleece. So, I bought a couple of cotton throws; partial success as hair does shake off. But even after washing a few times the cotton fabric produces a fluff/flock which adheres to my trousers and I end up looking as if I have just plucked a chicken for dinner.

I don't want the heavy duty protection of tarp or plastic, or the stiffness of stuffed quilts etc. I would like a pair of covers which look reasonably contemporary and are comfortable for me to sit on also. As anyone found such a product?

ChrisRogers replied on 18/10/2017 14:35

Posted on 18/10/2017 14:15 by ABM

ChrisR,

That  reminds  me  of  a  comic  E-mail  from  niece's  OH  ==>

Dog  comfortably  esconced  asking :-->

You've  been  out  all  morning  and  suddenly  its  YOUR  chair surprised ??

Posted on 18/10/2017 14:35

Yep, we know the feeling!!!

chipmeister replied on 07/11/2017 19:50

Posted on 07/11/2017 19:50

We have a couple of throws from Ikea - called Gurli , come in a range of colours and are pretty smart.  They don't seem to hold the dog hairs like the fleece we used before and wash well.   Best of all they are only £6 each so if they start looking a bit tired we can go and get some more without breaking the bank.   

DSB replied on 08/11/2017 18:15

Posted on 08/11/2017 18:15

This is the throw we bought from the Range (the brown squared one), but we also have a heavier cream throw which we keep on the actual seat part.

David 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook