Guide Dogs

Oneputt replied on 24/12/2018 11:45

Posted on 24/12/2018 11:45

Excellent, we support Guide dogs and Hearing dogs.  Both dogs and people do a fabulous job.

huskydog replied on 24/12/2018 11:54

Posted on 24/12/2018 11:54

our local guide dog trainers often bring the dogs in my shop ,to teach them not to touch things and get used to inside shops , its great to see them develop over the months laughing

brue replied on 24/12/2018 13:15

Posted on 24/12/2018 13:15

Thanks TDA a friend of ours, who lives near Leamington Spa where there is a training centre has taken on the task of puppy walking for many years. A lot of team work involved!

Takethedogalong replied on 24/12/2018 14:23

Posted on 24/12/2018 14:23

I don’t think I could take on puppy walking, couldn’t bear to part with anything once it has become part of our family. But I really admire those that do. What I find remarkable about working dogs of all kinds is that once the harness is off, they just go daft like pets. My sister used look after David Blunkett’s guide dog very occasionally when he came swimming in one of our local LC’s. 

Wherenext replied on 26/12/2018 13:48

Posted on 26/12/2018 13:48

Did you read the story the other day about Guide Horses?

Somebody currently training a cob as a guide horse. Unbelievable but true. Might have a bit of difficulty getting it on a bus or getting a restaurant to allow one in.

www.thenorthernecho.co.uk≥news

I read about it in the but can't find the link now. 

nelliethehooker replied on 28/12/2018 21:40

Posted on 26/12/2018 13:48 by Wherenext

Did you read the story the other day about Guide Horses?

Somebody currently training a cob as a guide horse. Unbelievable but true. Might have a bit of difficulty getting it on a bus or getting a restaurant to allow one in.

www.thenorthernecho.co.uk≥news

I read about it in the but can't find the link now. 

Posted on 28/12/2018 21:40

There's been a bit about a guide horse on the TV. They are used in the States, and a British lad has been over there training with his horse, but has had to put it on hold as the one he has is going to grow too big, so is looking for another. Here's a link to Youtube video of one of them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdjFox4KzKU

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook