Vet recommendations

shrekno1 replied on 10/07/2017 14:22

Posted on 10/07/2017 14:22

Hi, taking our dog to France in August and hoping somone would be able to recommend a vet for Pet Passport and Tapeworm in the Royan area?

Thanks

Pippah45 replied on 10/07/2017 21:41

Posted on 10/07/2017 21:41

If you search the posts on Overseas section you will find a link to vets who can deal with your dog passport.  In my experience most local vets can cope and I have just walked into a vet near the site I was staying at.  You can make a slight saving by taking your own wormers with you.  It would seem that the further away from the Chanel the cheaper the price but I am not convinced on that one.  

I use Les Veterinaires de Deux Vallees in Guemene sur Scorff as they are my Brothers locals and they are great especially when I had a sailing cancelled and a renewed visit was called for.  No charge for second visit and I am pretty sure my vet at home wouldn't have waived the charge!  

Good luck.

ChrisRogers replied on 25/07/2017 20:07

Posted on 25/07/2017 20:07

We stopped here on the way back from Germany, good site and very good vet:

Camping L'Olympic, Wimereux, 2.5 miles north of Boulogne off the A16 Junc 32, follow Wimereux Sud, The site is on the right before entering the town and only 20 miles from the Euro Tunnel terminal, the vet was just down the road and only10mins walk from the site on Rue Napolean,

Pippah45 replied on 25/07/2017 21:02

Posted on 25/07/2017 21:02

I have used that site and the other one in Wimereux Petit Indien I think it was.  Both nice sites but Olympic is more central. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook