Watch This Space!

moulesy replied on 15/12/2019 17:46

Posted on 15/12/2019 17:46

Had some exciting news today that we're high on the waiting list for a new Setter coming into rescue in the next couple of weeks.  surprised

A 3 year old boy, sounds as though it might be a perfect companion for Lady. But we've been disappointed before so, although we're keeping our fingers crossed, we're trying not to take anything for granted.

Will keep you updated if anything materialises! smile

DSB replied on 28/12/2019 23:32

Posted on 17/12/2019 12:05 by moulesy

Well have a great time in Barneo - it's another of the places on our future wish list! 

We are actually off to South Africa in February - Lady will be going to stay in her ususal home from home with the girl I used to teach. If we are lucky enough to be chosen for the new addition, she'd be happy to look after him as well, though we might see first whether rescue HQ would be happier to look after him.  But, it's all very tentative at the moment - he's still being assessed and health checked. It may be that they decide he'd be better as an only dog - apparently he's been "bullied" by his previous owners other dogs. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed, 

Posted on 28/12/2019 23:32

Any news yet Chris?  Fingers crossed..... I know you will give a wonderful home for a new Setter.....  Fingers crossed...

David

moulesy replied on 29/12/2019 10:55

Posted on 28/12/2019 23:32 by DSB

Any news yet Chris?  Fingers crossed..... I know you will give a wonderful home for a new Setter.....  Fingers crossed...

David

Posted on 29/12/2019 10:55

Still waiting to hear more. We know that the dog came over (from Belfast, just like Lady) on the 20th. He was with a family where there were other dogs and he was "being bullied" especially at meals. So very nervous and underweight. Blood tests have all shown no basic health problem and he is eating well now so that sounds positive.  He's currently being assessed at rescue HQ. I suspect they may decide he be best in a home on his own given previous issues,  but we will keep hoping!  smile

brue replied on 29/12/2019 11:16

Posted on 29/12/2019 11:16

Hope things go well Moulesy, the sad thing about rescue animals is there's always another one, so at least you'll be there for the next one if this doesn't work out. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook