Where has my post gone?

richardandros replied on 19/07/2021 06:25

Posted on 19/07/2021 06:25

Just looked this morning and I can't find the post I made about leaving dogs unattended in the van.  It's not in the 'Your Pets' section, nor does it appear in "My Profile". Yes, it did get a bit 'heated' at one point but I don't see why the whole thread should have disappeared. What's going on?  I sincerely hope this isn't the 'cancel culture' rearing its head on here.

Bakers2 replied on 19/07/2021 14:11

Posted on 19/07/2021 14:11

I thought it was a very apt thread and would have got lost in the 'dog thread'.

It is/was an extremely appropriate and timely thread.

I tried to find it once yesterday and got the wrong way signs, but accessed it via another route 😉 later and it appeared. I had it as a tab when the road signs appeared.

It's a shame it had some inappropriate posts why couldn't they have been removed?? Whoops mustn't question things 🤐

If you get a response and are able to do share the reasoning.

Takethedogalong replied on 19/07/2021 14:23

Posted on 19/07/2021 14:23

It’s simply the Club trying to manage the transgression, but not ultimately trying to educate or manage the transgressors better. If you do the second, you hopefully eradicate repeated needs to do the first. Everyone benefits🤷‍♀️

richardandros replied on 19/07/2021 14:26

Posted on 19/07/2021 14:26

"It's a shame it had some inappropriate posts why couldn't they have been removed?? Whoops mustn't question things"

It's that last bit Bakers - I object to being treated like a naughty child who has been told they have done something wrong - but we're not going to tell you what it is!

I can't see this thread lasting much longer!

Caravan Han replied on 19/07/2021 15:42

Posted on 19/07/2021 15:42

Hi Richard,

I just wanted to let you know we have received your email to the Community Manager mailbox. Rowena is out of the office at the moment and she will be able to look at this for you when she is back. 

Hannah

EmilysDad replied on 19/07/2021 16:40

Posted on 19/07/2021 13:38 by richardandros

Thank you, all, for your support.  I have emailed Rowena, asking for an explanation, and in particular, which part of the community guidelines had been transgressed.  I am extremely offended that no one had the common courtesy to, at least, email me and explain why this action was being contemplated.

I shall await her response with interest.

Thanks again

Richard

Posted on 19/07/2021 16:40

... I shall await her response with interest.

you might be waiting a while ..... 

Caravan Han replied on 19/07/2021 16:51

Posted on 19/07/2021 16:40 by EmilysDad

... I shall await her response with interest.

you might be waiting a while ..... 

Posted on 19/07/2021 16:51

Hi EmilysDad,

It would be appreciated if we could all avoid speculating at this point as this isn't helpful.

I will close this discussion for the time being so as to avoid this happening.

Thank you all for your cooperation,

Hannah

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook