Fiat Westy Columbus 540 Help

Geoff and Julia replied on 06/09/2023 13:44

Posted on 06/09/2023 13:44

Hi all, in the next couple of weeks we take delivery of a Fiat Ducato based Westfalia conversion (a Columbus 540).

We want to hit the floor running (it was supposed to be delivered in June) and so we are trying to buy stuff in advance - which is probably dumb, but still…

First problem is seat covers.  It’s got the two front captain style seats and a sort of bench seat which might be the same as a standard Fiat front bench seat.  Anyone know if it is?

Would be grateful if others would share what they’ve successfully done re seat covers in their Ducatos.  

And, we’d be chuffed to connect with other Fiat Westy owners too!

G&J

Tinwheeler replied on 20/09/2023 21:33

Posted on 20/09/2023 21:33

It looks to me as if the Columbus has purpose designed seats with decent upholstery. Westfalia usually do good seats (mine are leather) and those sure aren’t standard Ducato seats! 

I recommend you wait until you have the van before making any decisions.

Randomcamper replied on 21/09/2023 15:33

Posted on 21/09/2023 15:33

We have fitted Titan seat covers to the two front seats of our van, they still allow all the functions such as swivel etc. They are waterproof and good quality, heavy duty. We fitted them because the dogs like to lounge there !  The other seats in the van we just have throws etc to protect the upholstery.......

https://www.titancovers.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw06-oBhC6ARIsAGuzdw3njBg5vnhUR3Fl2UcS7iVtk_vwfSohdyXP42jUIf1e485fKQlShvQaAhKWEALw_wcB

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook