Mirror protectors

GrahamS1 replied on 13/05/2020 22:58

Posted on 13/05/2020 22:58

Looking on this site, and others, most people seem to prefer Mirror Guard protectors to Milenco protectors despite being about double the price. However I've come across a mirror protector made by Seaflo and was wondering if anyone had tried them? They look very similar, can be bought with reflective strips on and are cheaper than the other two.

hitchglitch replied on 28/05/2020 08:06

Posted on 27/05/2020 14:13 by hitchglitch

Both the temp sensor and aerial work fine with the Mirror guards fitted.

My temperature sensor failed under warranty and the wing mirror had to be changed. Normally very costly, especially being Peugeot who are not known for cheap spares.

If you have to remove the Guards you will need new double sided tape because they can get loose. Homebase is fine and what was recommended.

Posted on 28/05/2020 08:06

I meant to say B&Q for the tape, not Homebase.

rayjsj replied on 29/05/2020 12:49

Posted on 29/05/2020 12:49

When I refitted mine to the new motor home, I bought a sheet of high density foam with adheshive tape on both faces from E bay, and replaced the original 'shock' pads (only bigger) as the original ones disintegrated  when trying to remove them from our 'old' van. 

BlueVanMan replied on 18/09/2023 19:22

Posted on 17/09/2023 08:50 by GH02
Content has been removed.

Posted on 18/09/2023 19:22

Thats not my experience (two purchases) and whilst Mirrorguard may be a bit of a cottage industry they (he) was very helpful when I had a query about re-attaching guards.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook