Motorhome and Caravan Window Cleaner

vbfg replied on 26/04/2024 09:56

Posted on 26/04/2024 09:56

Hi Folks

Any recommendations for window cleaner for M/Hs and caravans?  I know that there are a lot of makes out there but I don't want to buy something then find that it is not very good.

vbfg replied on 28/04/2024 11:16

Posted on 28/04/2024 11:16

Thanks for the replies.  DK, I tend to just use a very small amount of washing up liquid in hot water and a chami like window cloth to clean glass windows, but my query (which I should have mentioned) was for plastic windows, in case they had to been cleaned with a specific cleaner. I would never put polish on windows as it is so very difficult to get off as I found out when I bought a pack of windscreen wipes which must have contained some sort of polish.

richardandros replied on 28/04/2024 12:11

Posted on 27/04/2024 17:25 by LLM

I have used VuPlex for years on all plastic windows and other items.  It works well.

For glass surfaces, windscreen etc. lemon vinegar is my choice, but it does not seem to be available in the UK.  I get it in Spain or Portugal.  Cheap as chips 0.99 Euro a litre.  

Posted on 28/04/2024 12:11

We have imitation black granite worktops and splashbacks in the van and VuPlex is the only product I have found to polish it without leaving smears.  The cream high gloss kitchen units at home also benefit from it. Good product.

LLM replied on 30/04/2024 07:10

Posted on 29/04/2024 22:12 by mickysf

Noticed today that Aldi are selling a range of caravan cleaning products, one being an acrylic window cleaner.

Posted on 30/04/2024 07:10

Yes.  Another of the products is a black streak remover the praises of which were being sung on another forum; MotorhomeFun I think.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook