Motorhome tv wifi

Haydn Emmett replied on 03/03/2024 09:53

Posted on 03/03/2024 09:53

Hi Everyone,

I need a little help with a tv matter, I’m going to have Wi-Fi installed in our Motorhome and we’ve got a Atex tv (not a smart tv) what smart stick would you recommend I’ve looked at Amazon &Google, just need a little help.

Many thanks Haydn

richardandros replied on 03/03/2024 13:36

Posted on 03/03/2024 13:36

We also have an Avtex TV that's not 'smart' (Series 7).  I use a Firestick and it works brilliantly.  Plugs into the back of the TV and takes its power from one of the built-in USB ports so you don't even know it's there. 

Prior to that I tried Chromecast and found it next to useless - very clunky and half the time I couldn't get it to 'cast' programmes from my phone. Certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Only slight downside with the Firestick and your non-smart TV is that you will have to use two handsets.  The volume can only be controlled from the TV handset - not the Firestick one.  But when all said and done that's no real hardship!

I use a TP Link router connected to a Poynting external aerial and it works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Simon100 replied on 03/03/2024 20:50

Posted on 03/03/2024 20:50

I have also used a firestick to good effect. You will be able to receive all the most popular channels.  My WiFi is an old smartphone, on EE, to which I tether the firestick and have never had any problems, 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook