New Overnight Motorhome parking in N.Wales

SteveL replied on 22/03/2024 12:34

Posted on 22/03/2024 12:34

The overnight times are a little restrictive for doing much visiting. I assume the bays are useable in the day at additional charge. Therefore if stopping two nights fees would mount up. However, it’s nice to see provisions being made and linking that to prohibiting illegal overnight stopping.

Price
£16.50 per night (4pm until 10am following morning).

Pay at the nearest pay and display machine or via the Paybyphone App.
(note that there is a small service charge for paying via the app)

maximum of 2 subsequent nights only and no return is allowed within 7 days.

DavidKlyne replied on 22/03/2024 16:06

Posted on 22/03/2024 16:06

It is good to see an increasing number of overnight stops being supported by local authorities and other organisations. Hopefully they will be well used otherwise it won't encourage others to go down the same route.

David

Tammygirl replied on 22/03/2024 18:52

Posted on 22/03/2024 18:52

Nice to see more places allowed for campers/MH to park up but a bit expensive compared to others of the same kind. Doubt it will stop wild camping at these prices.

peedee replied on 23/03/2024 08:05

Posted on 23/03/2024 08:05

There will always be those unwilling to pay anything TG, it is up to the councils to enforce the laws. If there are facilities for water and waste then £16 per night is not a bad price to be close to attractions. The local certificated site, Tyn Ddol, which I have used, but is a bit further away has a minimum charge of £15 per night and the local  campsite charges even more, a minimum £27 per night and is even further away.

peedee

SteveL replied on 23/03/2024 10:41

Posted on 23/03/2024 10:41

£16 per night is not a bad price to be close to attractions.

It’s actually £19.50 if you also need some water, although even that would be acceptable to be close to everything if it was for 24 hours. However, it’s only for 18 hours and they are not when the castle is open, therefore you would have to pay whatever is required for stopping in the day on top.
From a personal point of view I think I would rather stop at the C&CC site 2 miles away and get the bus. For us in June that would cost £27.25 a night on hardstanding with electric or £19 on grass without. Plus of course you can book and know you have a space.

Wherenext replied on 23/03/2024 10:43

Posted on 23/03/2024 10:43

For those Motorhomers that are active I would recommend catching the bus to Porthmadog and walking back along a very scenic coastal walk (or vice versa obviously). Buses from the main road in Criccieth.

peedee replied on 24/03/2024 08:32

Posted on 24/03/2024 08:32

It’s actually £19.50 if you also need some water, although even that would be acceptable to be close to everything if it was for 24 hours. However, it’s only for 18 hours and they are not when the castle is open, therefore you would have to pay whatever is required for stopping in the day on top.

That is starting to look overpriced for a full days visit but just as a night stop or a visit to an eating/drinking establishment in the evening, I would find it acceptable. Judging by the cost for coaches and car bays, I think the daytime parking charges would be about £5 for 4 hours, so £20 from midday until 10am the next day if you didn't need water. Again resonable when you compare it to the alternatives further away plus my bus pass is not valid in Wales.

peedee

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook