NHS test/trace on site

Carian replied on 16/10/2020 20:04

Posted on 16/10/2020 20:04

Well, I've just had the email saying we have to register with the nhs test and trace app when arriving on site. As a couple we own standard old school phones which don't have the app facility so are we now discriminated against and can't enjoy our hobby?

DavidKlyne replied on 19/10/2020 14:05

Posted on 19/10/2020 14:05

Been disappointed with the club since lockdown was eased, they continually promise non contact check in but so far we have visited 6 CMC sites not one has done contactless check in.

Dawn

I thought contactless was only in operation when the sites initially reopened?  We have only stayed at two sites since August and I was perfectly happy with the arrangements. My booking in was complicated by the fact I was using site vouchers (the old ones) which caused a bit of confusion on how best to deal with them. All worked out fine in the end but meant I was in reception for longer than normal. However I was wearing a mask and there was a screen between me and the site staff so it felt reasonably comfortable.

We have only used the QR code once and that was actually in reception but there was one stuck to the inside of the window which could be used when reception was closed from the outside.

David

brue replied on 19/10/2020 15:11

Posted on 19/10/2020 15:11

I prefer the sites which have managed to go contactless. On one CAMC site I nearly fell over the departure bucket for wrist bands which had been left in the reception entrance by mistake!! surprised

Takethedogalong replied on 19/10/2020 16:48

Posted on 19/10/2020 12:50 by

Very much doubt that I am the only 'exception'.

Posted on 19/10/2020 16:48

You might not be the only exception, but you are quite predictable😁

I love my iPhone, my iPad, my Mac Book. But they are just tools. Exceptionally clever ones, and having mislaid an iPhone (I got it back, I knew where it was) I missed its being around. The trick is to still have a life away from such technology. I can put them down, turn them off, and don’t subscribe or use things like FB, Twitter, etc... that are constantly pinging and dinging away in the background. I have ringtones set up so I can recognise “must answer, find out later, and totally ignore”. 

My iphone/iPad are now my TV,  radio, night time story, cinema, library, camera, encyclopaedia, diary, fitness record, health record, communication system, photo library, bank, shopping list, video recorder, idea keeper, cycling diary, weather checker, road atlas, translator and wallet. Lots more as well should I choose.... all as encrypted and protected as I can make them.

If nothing else, think of the weight saved when touring!😂

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 19/10/2020 17:19

Posted on 19/10/2020 16:48 by Takethedogalong

You might not be the only exception, but you are quite predictable😁

I love my iPhone, my iPad, my Mac Book. But they are just tools. Exceptionally clever ones, and having mislaid an iPhone (I got it back, I knew where it was) I missed its being around. The trick is to still have a life away from such technology. I can put them down, turn them off, and don’t subscribe or use things like FB, Twitter, etc... that are constantly pinging and dinging away in the background. I have ringtones set up so I can recognise “must answer, find out later, and totally ignore”. 

My iphone/iPad are now my TV,  radio, night time story, cinema, library, camera, encyclopaedia, diary, fitness record, health record, communication system, photo library, bank, shopping list, video recorder, idea keeper, cycling diary, weather checker, road atlas, translator and wallet. Lots more as well should I choose.... all as encrypted and protected as I can make them.

If nothing else, think of the weight saved when touring!😂

Posted on 19/10/2020 17:19

Life changing & life saving is tech. My sat nav in the case of an accident & I’m unresponsive will link with my phone & send out a What 3 words type position to the emergency services. The fact I can face time family all over the globe has kept me sane during the early pandemic👍🏻

InaD replied on 19/10/2020 18:27

Posted on 19/10/2020 13:59 by Cornersteady

a fax machine yes, the good old dayssmile

A strange fact is that the fax machine was invented before the telephone.

Posted on 19/10/2020 18:27

That's modern, isn't it wink or it is in relation to when I first moved to the UK from Holland, and I used to write a letter to my parents once a week and they wrote one back every week!

replied on 19/10/2020 18:36

Posted on 19/10/2020 13:43 by Dawn F

We were at Tewkesbury a couple of weeks ago, they had the code up on the gate both myself and hubby tried to do it but it would not work.  We suspected because it was just a piece of paper which had got creased and wet.

I thought it would not be necessary as the club knows who is on site and no visitors are allowed on sites at the moment

I'm all for using the app so maybe the club could arrange to have it printed on the back of the receipt given at check in? 

Been disappointed with the club since lockdown was eased, they continually promise non contact check in but so far we have visited 6 CMC sites not one has done contactless check in.  Tewkesbury was by far the best the warden met us at the gate and told us to pitch up then go to reception to tell them what pitch we were on and pay, so only needed to go inside once.

We have stayed at three private sites, only had to go inside at one.

Morris Leisure two sites had to go in at both

CCC two sites, by far the best check in no need to get out of vehicle and social distancing brilliant

The best so far has been Eye Kettleby Lakes, private site everything contactless, the extra cleaning on site was brilliant, all service pitches and as soon as someone left they were there cleaning the service points.

I think we all have to work together to make this work but the club could maybe be doing more to help 

Posted on 19/10/2020 18:36

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SteveL replied on 19/10/2020 18:58

Posted on 19/10/2020 18:58

We have stayed on nine CAMC sites. 6 necessitated two visits to reception, once to pay and then to get bands / barrier fob / toilet key. Two, Tewkesbury and Cirencester sent you straight onto site to choose your pitch and you then went back to pay etc. At one Clumber, you went in to pay but they handed bands / barrier fobs to you outside when you returned to report your pitch number. Two of the 9 had bands in fluid, the rest had personal bands that you returned when you left.

The OH dealt with checking in but she felt the Covid Covid precautions at all sites good and did not feel at risk.

Cornersteady replied on 19/10/2020 20:19

Posted on 19/10/2020 18:27 by InaD

That's modern, isn't it wink or it is in relation to when I first moved to the UK from Holland, and I used to write a letter to my parents once a week and they wrote one back every week!

Posted on 19/10/2020 20:19

I'm not at all sure what your trying to say?

I merely pointed out the interesting and sometimes puzzling fact that the fax machine which now uses, or used, telephones was invented in 1843 before the first telephone.  

Takethedogalong replied on 19/10/2020 20:31

Posted on 19/10/2020 17:19 by Rocky 2 buckets

Life changing & life saving is tech. My sat nav in the case of an accident & I’m unresponsive will link with my phone & send out a What 3 words type position to the emergency services. The fact I can face time family all over the globe has kept me sane during the early pandemic👍🏻

Posted on 19/10/2020 20:31

Yes got what3words, that’s another fairly recent innovation that has saved lives without a doubt. Agree about being able to communicate easily with rest of World as well. Cousin in London now on her own, her Mum passed away last year, it’s lovely knowing she is doing ok, keeping safe, and she fills us in on how life in the Smoke is going. Another cousin in Berlin gives us the German perspective. And Mum can safely talk to her SIL via video, too risky for them to meet up, both got dementia but the look of wonder and joy and their faces when they video call is marvellous.........even if they can’t hear each other😂

Cornersteady replied on 19/10/2020 22:17

Posted on 19/10/2020 17:19 by Rocky 2 buckets

Posted on 19/10/2020 22:17

My cycle computer is linked to my phone, it give real time information on a map on their phone/computer as to where I am to anyone I wish.

Just like your sat nav it also it has 'incident detection' which will send out an automatic txt in case of a serious mishap. Fantastic stuff really.   

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook