Position of microwave

KellyHenderson replied on 02/02/2012 10:53

Posted on 02/02/2012 10:53

Are you happy with the position of the microwave? Is it too high for you? Would you prefer to have the option of not having the microwave installed at all and gaining extra storage space? Or would you do away with the oven instead?

jennyc replied on 08/08/2023 20:55

Posted on 08/08/2023 20:55

We do have a microwave, which we use occasionally. When not heating, it’s used to store our bread. It’s positioned over the sink, which works well for both of the above uses. BUT, the space which it takes up is padded out by an unnecessarily wide surround, which uses up valuable space. I think too, that a smaller microwave would meet most needs more economically. I’d be sorry to lose its facility, and I’d be happy to see its height reduced if it’s difficult for some (it’s fine for me/us), though it’s questionable whether shorter people would be able to use the vacated space any easier.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook