What's everyone up to this weekend?

RowenaBCAMC replied on 15/09/2023 16:45

Posted on 15/09/2023 16:45

With the sun shining this weekend, I would love to know what your weekend plans are? Is anyone out in their caravans or motorhomes? 

Bakers2 replied on 17/09/2023 06:54

Posted on 17/09/2023 06:37 by peedee

Moving on further south today, the target is the Cambrils area about 3 hours drive away. Anyone who knows the area will know the intercity rail line runs along the coast here often close to or actually through some of the coastal campsites. Noise is not usually a problem, the trains just whose by rather than clatter noisily. Access to many sites is via low bridges under the railway and impassable to higher motorhomes like mine so not sure which site we will end up on. That will end my weekend

Google Street View is hopefully my friend.

peedee

Posted on 17/09/2023 06:54

Sounds like an interesting search and entrance  🤔.  

Safe travels.

InaD replied on 17/09/2023 13:12

Posted on 17/09/2023 13:12

Spent a few days in the Cotswolds, with good weather.  Yesterday arrived on a site in Dorset and had a nice walk from site in the afternoon.  Today: no sun to be seen, but plenty of clouds, rain, thunder and lightning frown

Forecast says it should clear up later, so living in hope laughing

eribaMotters replied on 17/09/2023 18:53

Posted on 17/09/2023 18:53

After a glorious but at times too hot fortnight, until an hour ago we where sitting outside under the Isabella Shadow enjoying some chicken kebabs and salad, on the banks of the River Cher in The Loire.

The rain has now started and it is like we are back home in Devon for the next few hours. So we are now "indoors" with a nice French fruit tart, chocolate and a lot of wine and associated nibbles. We have a full water tank, free Internet and so far the power is still on. 

I think we will be able to cope, but next will not as the awning is collapsing. 

Colin

JollyKernow replied on 18/09/2023 20:17

Posted on 18/09/2023 20:17

Evening

So, not quite off topic as this Wednesday coming is my weekend, well all my rest days for the month actually. We've both got September backache. Result of hand scarifying and seeding grass pitches! Going to our sister site just down the road for a chill out, a bit of a social with the staff there, a walk on the coast path, a read of a book, a dvd fest and a reflection on our season (only 2 weeks left). 

JK

peedee replied on 20/09/2023 20:13

Posted on 17/09/2023 06:54 by Bakers2

Sounds like an interesting search and entrance  🤔.  

Safe travels.

Posted on 20/09/2023 20:13

Thanks Bakers, I did find one whose access was via a bridge over the railway and not too close to it.

peedee.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook