Wildax Pulsar continued

lizandmax replied on 28/10/2021 20:13

Posted on 28/10/2021 20:13

I posted a few weeks ago about acquiring a Wildax Pulsar to replace our Autocruise Jazz. When ordering we were given to understand that it would be delivered in October. Now we are informed that it will probably be more like December. Does anyone know if the delivery delay is just bad luck on my part, or whether this is a more generalised problem with new campervan deliveries? Not a big problem as we are continuing to use the Jazz until the Pulsar turns up, which is no real sacrifice!

SeasideBill replied on 02/05/2022 19:27

Posted on 02/05/2022 18:29 by lizandmax

Pulsar now delivered. Very pleased with it. Took it to north Cornwall for a long weekend last week. Very little to compain about: we ordered it with an awning rail for our drive-away awning and it came without it, but other than that no problems. Can't wait to get down to Spain with it. We'll probably drive down through France - get a few miles on the clock. Just as an afterthought, has anyone any strong views on the Camping Car stop-over sites which I am intending to use on the way down?

Posted on 02/05/2022 19:27

Camping-Car stops are ok. I let my subscription lapse because they are quite expensive compared to many aires with same or better facilities/locations. No reason not to use them, but personally wouldn’t bother. 

lizandmax replied on 29/05/2022 18:06

Posted on 29/05/2022 18:06

I may be about to embarrass myself here, but I have a question for fellow Pulsar owners: when we set up the double bed, the centre, in-fill piece is supported at the kithchen end by two wooden ledges attached to the seats and at the other (cab) end it is supported by a removeable metal bracket. The problem is that the level of these two supporting points is not the same, with the result that the middle part is not level. I have compensated by inserting a piece of wood at the cab end to bring the level up. Am I missing something here or am I doing something wrong? 

Tinwheeler replied on 29/05/2022 19:55

Posted on 29/05/2022 19:55

Thankyou, L&M. There's no need for embarrassment on your part.

As we use our Pulsar as a day van, we have not used the bed. Well, what a faff it is to put it together and you are absolutely correct about the height difference as can be seen in the pic below! I suggest permanently fixing plywood to the metal frame to raise the height. 

Although Duncan Wildman disagrees, there are a few flaws in the design such as the inability to reach the kitchen when both tables are in place. We overcame this by moving the floor mounts to the front of the rear seats rather than having them in the walkthrough area. Another issue recently discovered and unsolved is the problem of changing tail light bulbs. 

lizandmax replied on 29/05/2022 23:01

Posted on 29/05/2022 23:01

thanks for your comments Mr TW. Are we the only 2 in the CAMC who have a Pulsar? I quite like the idea of moving the table fixing points: might have a look tomorrow. We are off to Souithern Motothomes in Braknell on Tuesday to have awning rails fitted for our drive-away awining. the van was supposed to be delivered with one but wasn't, so Soiuthern Motorhomes are doing us one on each side as a goddwill gesture. They are fixing them with just adhesive,withouit screwing through the skin of the van body: hope they are fixed firmly enough to withstand some Cornish sea breezes. We'll see. 

Tinwheeler replied on 29/05/2022 23:20

Posted on 29/05/2022 23:20

Looks like it's just you and me.😄

The table moving was relatively simple. The fittings unscrewed from the floor so were easy to move. The carpet had two holes in it where the original fixings had been so it went in the loft and we bought a cheap offcut from our local carpet shop to replace it. The trickiest part of the operation was cutting the holes in the new piece. The operation can easily be reversed if we decide to move the van on.

It's obvious but worth stating I think that it would be dangerous to travel with passengers in the rear seats and the tables in place.

Good idea not to screw the awning rails on. This way you'll preserve the integrity of the body panels👍. Cornish sea breezes - they're a doddle🤣

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook