Maintenance Malfunctions

Wherenext replied on 11/11/2023 20:08

Posted on 11/11/2023 20:08

At this precise moment of writing there are at least 20 "Last Post" that could be from a Back to the Future type forum showing on this forum, some going back 7+ years.

This is now a common occurrence after a routine Maintenance overhaul.

It is not only inconvenient but also embarrassing, upsetting on certain threads, particularly those which show last posts relating to the passing away of fellow CT members and Pets, and totally unprofessional.

Can Rowenna please ask IT dept to get a grip.

LLM replied on 12/11/2023 07:57

Posted on 12/11/2023 07:57

I haven't looked, but is it spotty dog infection again?   My guess is that they are cleaning house and not tidying up behind themselves.

RedKite replied on 12/11/2023 09:34

Posted on 12/11/2023 09:34

It has gone to pot for awhile now and as WN said not very professional and as my OH is ex IT and he rarely looks at it and I comment a lot less now.

Please get it fixed.

Takethedogalong replied on 12/11/2023 10:25

Posted on 12/11/2023 10:25

It is bad, and as WN says a bit upsetting to read posts from those who have passed away. 

I like the spotty dog. It has a wonderfully amusing irony🤣

richardandros replied on 13/11/2023 06:57

Posted on 13/11/2023 06:57

Totally agree WN - I genuinely thought that this site had been hacked when I started that particular thread a few weeks ago - but it's got progressively worse (if that's possible). Although I'm sure we all miss Brian's contributions, I also found it upsetting to see that post reappear - as I did in respect of some of our doggy friends that are no longer with their owners.

I am sure to start with, we all saw this as just another of CT's quirks - but it really has got beyond a joke now and needs sorting once and for all.

Bakers2 replied on 13/11/2023 09:12

Posted on 13/11/2023 09:12

Now it's Monday morning I have taken the liberty of reporting this thread.

Who knows if it will bring results?? Or if its acknowledged??

Incidentally, every post says NEW against it.....

My calendar says its the 13th today and I have looked at the thread a couple of times since it was started on the 11th...

Hja replied on 13/11/2023 09:47

Posted on 13/11/2023 09:12 by Bakers2

Now it's Monday morning I have taken the liberty of reporting this thread.

Who knows if it will bring results?? Or if its acknowledged??

Incidentally, every post says NEW against it.....

My calendar says its the 13th today and I have looked at the thread a couple of times since it was started on the 11th...

Posted on 13/11/2023 09:47

Lots of posts seem to be flagged as New in other threads as well, where I know I have read them before.

RowenaBCAMC replied on 13/11/2023 10:13

Posted on 13/11/2023 10:13

I ma so sorry you are still experiencing issues with this. It has been reported and we are looking at solutions to resolve this issue. 

nelliethehooker replied on 13/11/2023 20:24

Posted on 13/11/2023 10:13 by RowenaBCAMC

I ma so sorry you are still experiencing issues with this. It has been reported and we are looking at solutions to resolve this issue. 

Posted on 13/11/2023 20:24

But you say that every time someone reports a problem with CT, Rowena, but it never seems to produce any results that correct the issues, sorry.

young thomas replied on 14/11/2023 08:22

Posted on 13/11/2023 20:24 by nelliethehooker

But you say that every time someone reports a problem with CT, Rowena, but it never seems to produce any results that correct the issues, sorry.

Posted on 14/11/2023 08:22

The same 'merry go round' also happens with the Server Errors thread.

with an IT helpdesk (the point at which 'issues' are notified to a business) the first thing done is to get the issue logged and to manage the customer's expectation by giving them the timescale within which the issue will be resolved.

issues are classified into different priorities (priority ones might be  'full system down' or 'financial errors' etc....) based on the effect on the customer and the business.

even priority four situations had a 'fix by' date, usually a maximum of 14 to 21 days...

this served two purposes...one, it ensures the tech team have it on the radar (not in a black hole) with the incentive of a timescale (issues that ran over time without being fixed got highlighted at performance review meetings) and two, the customer had some leverage as they had been given a proper expectation as to when they might see the issue fixed.

'passing it to the appropriate team' is probably the first step within the CAMC helpdesk process and this would mean Ro would be the customer and it's she who should be given the appropriate detail on fix resolution times etc....and be in a position to report back to the consumers (us) on that schedule and even progress reports....

oooooops.....then I woke up.........

Bakers2 replied on 14/11/2023 09:18

Posted on 14/11/2023 09:18

Young Thomas. The way things were!

I had a similar conversation with a company who informed me they were taking an amin fee for a change. It wasn't justified, no break. Agreed in a phone call, they'd get it cancelled. This was one month ahead of it being taken. Upshot, it was taken. Nobody chased. Eventually got money back plus compensation for phone calls and aggro. Does no one operate a brought forward system or diarise these days? Customer supervisor I spoke to had no concept of the idea!

We seem to be expected that we are to be added to a list, which may never ever see the light of day.

As we have all suspected the IT team don't seem to have a grasp. I know of no other sites that have  essential maintenance, almost nightly, for weeks on end with no advance notice. There must be an awful mess to sort as shut downs could cost them bookings - even overnight! So little old CT sadly stands no hope. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook