Slow website response

hitchglitch replied on 12/03/2024 19:16

Posted on 12/03/2024 19:16

Having returned to Club Together after a year or so absence, one thing hasn’t changed - this is still the slowest website ever created. It’s the elephant in the room; nobody seems to mention it. 5 to 10 seconds to search (whatever happened to binary searching?), 10 seconds to open a new subject area etc. I really don’t understand why it can’t be fixed. Is it too many graphics, poor design, lack of money?

SteveL replied on 14/03/2024 07:54

Posted on 14/03/2024 07:54

Well after last nights maintenance latest activity returns a server error and discussions takes ages to load. Once you get there though, individual threads boot up fast enough.🤔

richardandros replied on 14/03/2024 15:37

Posted on 14/03/2024 15:37

I wouldn't say things were slow - if anything, I think it's got a bit faster since the enforced shut down. I'm using an iMac with the latest version of Monterey running and Chrome as the browser.

What I have experienced of late is that I can reply to a post, click the 'Reply' button and there's nothing there.  However, if I go back via 'Discussions' to that post, my entry is showing. Weird??

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook