Elddis Accordo 120

mikeh123 replied on 01/04/2018 14:06

Posted on 01/04/2018 14:06

I've recently joined the club and I'm a complete beginner

I've recently purchased a new Elddis Accordo 120 motorhome and when I picked it up I asked the dealer to fit 2 x 6 kg gas bottles as per the handbook, unfortunately the compartment would only accommodate 1 bottle. After contacting Elddis, their response was to ask the dealer to raise the problem as a warranty issue. After a further delay, the response from Elddis was that the correct size of bottle for the Accordo 120 was 2 x 3.9kg bottles. I spoke to Elddis myself and they confirmed that 2 x 3.9 kg bottles would fit and that the 'handbook was subject to change'  I am waiting to go to the dealer next week for him to try 2 x 3.9kg bottles, I remain unconvinced

Have any other Elddis Accordo 120 owners had problems with gas bottles ?

Qashqai66 replied on 04/04/2018 14:54

Posted on 04/04/2018 14:54

I had never heard of IH motorhomes and have just looked at their offerings.  The 600 RL/RD looks as if it is good quality with plenty of storage.  We would have to accept loss of width - convenient on narrow roads I know - and I am not mad keen on the sliding door configuration.  Another minor niggle is a shower curtain but, when in France in the warm, we mostly use the sanitaires for showers.

They are going to be on show at Broadlands next w/e so we might have a look.

Tinwheeler replied on 04/04/2018 15:12

Posted on 04/04/2018 15:12

Lunar are, as far as I know, the only manufacturers to use the Sprinter for a rear lounge PVC and only in the 7m length. I searched and searched and would even have paid the silly La Strada price had the layout been right.

Others, like Murvi, will convert a Sprinter but not to a RL layout. We investigated purchasing a new Sprinter and having it converted but it wasn't to be. Our local Marquis branch have even approached AS to make Sprinter PVCs but AS wont play ball.

The problem might be that the Sprinter seems to be longer in the cab and, thus, shorter in the rear body. Obviously, this makes fitting out the hab area more restricted and, together with possible wheel arch placement issues and the associated gubbins that goes with RWD, it means a RL layout in less than 7m is unlikely.

Qashqai66 replied on 04/04/2018 16:03

Posted on 04/04/2018 16:03

Which make/model do you have Tinwheeler, or are you still looking?

Qashqai66 replied on 04/04/2018 16:07

Posted on 04/04/2018 16:07

Bolero Boy has been most helpful in alerting me to other models.  Hillside Leisure do a nice PVC on the new VW Crafter.  It is called the Hopton.  Worth considering but there is the downside of a narrow body, inevitable with a PVC.

I also like the look of one or two of the Swifts and Auto-Trails but would have to accept the move away form a Mercedes or VW.

Tinwheeler replied on 04/04/2018 16:38

Posted on 04/04/2018 16:03 by Qashqai66

Which make/model do you have Tinwheeler, or are you still looking?

Posted on 04/04/2018 16:38

We have the 6m AS Warwick Duo PVC based on the manual Peugeot Boxer 2L 160bhp, Q. We swapped our beloved coachbuilt AS Suffolk on the auto Sprinter for it because we wanted to downsize - particularly on width. The hab unit will do us just fine. No way does the base vehicle match the Sprinter, though.  Performance is similar but build quality, ride comfort and manoeuvrability of the Peugeot lag way behind the Sprinter. 

The Warwick is also available on the auto Fiat but it is an automated manual and we decided to swerve it.

Tinwheeler replied on 04/04/2018 17:04

Posted on 04/04/2018 17:04

PS. I see the new 2017 Crafter is being built by VW in Poland and is no longer related to the Merc Sprinter. Previous Crafters come out of the same factories as Sprinters.

AJwha replied on 29/05/2018 12:17

Posted on 01/04/2018 14:06 by mikeh123

I've recently joined the club and I'm a complete beginner

I've recently purchased a new Elddis Accordo 120 motorhome and when I picked it up I asked the dealer to fit 2 x 6 kg gas bottles as per the handbook, unfortunately the compartment would only accommodate 1 bottle. After contacting Elddis, their response was to ask the dealer to raise the problem as a warranty issue. After a further delay, the response from Elddis was that the correct size of bottle for the Accordo 120 was 2 x 3.9kg bottles. I spoke to Elddis myself and they confirmed that 2 x 3.9 kg bottles would fit and that the 'handbook was subject to change'  I am waiting to go to the dealer next week for him to try 2 x 3.9kg bottles, I remain unconvinced

Have any other Elddis Accordo 120 owners had problems with gas bottles ?

Posted on 29/05/2018 12:17

HI, Im thinking of buying the new Elddis Accordo 120 - Could anyone please give me advise on this Motorhome. Its my first Motorhome so I liked the fact that it was so small.

ERIC ARMS replied on 15/08/2020 16:31

Posted on 15/08/2020 16:31

Hi we had the same problem when we went to collect our motorhome from the dealer. We had taken the two gas bottles out of the caravan that we had traded in at the same time, only one gas bottle fitted. We had the usual waffle from the service manager but refused to accept that it only held one bottle. After they rang eldiss who confirmed that it should hold two the engineer slightly adjusted the brackets and hey bingo two bottles slipped easily in place. Should be sorted out before leaving the factory

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook